What would you like to see in iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by colonel179, Oct 2, 2014.

1. colonel179 macrumors member

I wanted to make this thread to gather what people would like to have in iOS. I love the thread of "little things" every time a new version is announced. However, I would like to know what kind of features everyone would like to have in iOS that Apple has long time ignored since the beginning of the iPhone, or maybe haven't even thought about.

I'll start with mine, it is a small, but in my opinion, a very useful feature. It has been around for a long time, but the iPhone has never had it.

I want the phone app to be able to display the contacts as you are typing a number, followed by the recent numbers you have dialed.

In almost every phone, when you start typing a number a list pops up to display which contacts matches the number you are typing, whether it is the number or the name that it is being matched. This result in being able to select the contact or number you want to dial before you finish typing it.

The second thing I want, is that the phone app needs to separate the recent numbers from the same contact. For example: If Jhon calls me from his home number, it gets displayed in recents, but if he then calls me from his cell, it switches to his cell, instead of creating a second entry displaying that he called from his phone AND THEN his cell, so that it would display

Jhon (Cell)
    Jhon (home).

What are the features you guys would like to see in iOS. Maybe then, we could send this thread to Apple :p

Have a great day!

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I just want group messages to work without the bugs they have in ios8.

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I know its very non-Apple, but I would like a little more control within iOS of adding things to the Music App. I buy none of my songs through iTunes, so getting songs on my music app requires me to add the song to my iTunes on my mac and sync it to my phone.

I like how Apple is allowing 3rd party keyboards with iOS 8; icon theme-ing capabilities would be nice. I still despise these ugly stock icons :[

4. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I know it probably will never happen, but fonts. Users being able to choose their own system wide fonts. Fonts being available for download in the app store.

5. Razeus macrumors 603

6. oldmacs macrumors 68040

- Apple to release a new iPhoto app :p
    - Better battery life optimisations
    - Better speed optimisations
    - Up Next in music + better playlist creation.
    - Guest Log in like on the Mac, if not proper accounts for the iPad (iPhone not so much)
    - An iCloud Drive App + ability to download files into iCloud Drive, attach files in mail, messages and safari from iCloud Drive
    Widgets on the Lock screen
    - Split screen multitasking. If not, just the ability to screenshot something and have it show on half the screen. Say if I'm working on an essay, I should be able to screenshot a webpage, and have it on half the screen while still typing in Pages

7. Solver macrumors 6502a

Being able to pick the audiobook chapter you would like to start reading would be nice. So would showing the chapter's name.

8. Jeff Flowerday macrumors regular

Battery Life improvements are always nice.
    Performance improvements are awesome.
    Music App needs major work, it's borderline useless.
    Apple needs to get back to where we can say it just works about iOS, because as of right now that just isn't the case.

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Really minor rare case but would be cool to be able to do: set up a reminder for sunset or sunrise with Siri. Just tried it and it doesn't understand :p

11. I Need a Drink macrumors regular

A true documents folder so that I don't have to manage multiple copies of documents in different apps.

The ability to attach documents from within the mail app.

As mentioned above, contact name search using the dial pad.

Do not disturb settings by days of the week so that I can have different settings on weekends.

SMS/iMessage, Phone Call continuity on a Windows PC.

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Yes. And with the introduction of iCloud Drive, there should be no reason why they can't add this feature now.

I'll add:

- system-wide Night Mode
    - the ability to delete photo events/albums synced from iTunes directly from the device. Right now, you have to uncheck them in iTunes

13. Gdwheel macrumors newbie

Widgets on the home screens.
    HTML format for email (reply an forward). I hate how Apple handles reply and forward email on all of its apps.
    More options for developers to add to third-party keyboards (shortcuts, access to the microphone, etc.).

14. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

Please implement a clear all button in the multi-task window! I hate swiping everything away!

15. Mrfatboy macrumors 6502

16. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

17. Patrick3D macrumors newbie

Transparent dock. I want to see my wallpaper going from top/bottom. The big off-white bar is tacky.

18. Scurrell macrumors member

19. mtcowdog macrumors regular

#1. Ability to insert a file into an email (Mail) from dropbox, box, google drive, etc. Right now we can do photos directly, but that's it. I can send a file from dropbox via email from within dropbox, but that doesn't help me when replying to an email, for example.

#2. Ability to set default apps.

#3. Multi-user support, particularly for the iPad

#4. Enhanced Siri. E.g., Siri, call John mobile, put on speaker phone, and show me calendar for next week. Admittedly that's a lot in one string, but it represents the kinds of things I would like to do with Siri.

#5. Enhanced Siri part 2. Expand ability to use "Hey Siri" I would like the ability to change the "awakening" phrase (e.g., "Yo Silly Putty"). I would also like the ability to use that feature on battery, with a on/off toggle for battery usage.

#6. Improved file management. My world is not one:eek:ne with files and applications, and my applications extend beyond Apple apps. I don't think I am alone.

20. notrack macrumors 6502

Document handling that syncs with my Mac (like wuala). That would be the only reason for me to upgrade from iOS 6.

21. Yog macrumors newbie

Yog

I would love to see a "Blind Carbon Copy" (BCC) option in text messaging.

That would make me ecstatic!

22. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Need to see the damn bugs fixed.

Also need to see the lag and Android like micro stutters fixed. The Rogue based GPUs can handle animations fine.

23. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Default apps
    File repository
    Better lock screen

24. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

View all attachments from all text message conversations for easier deletion.