What would you like to see in your apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Jun 26, 2007.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

We seem to be getting more and more of these 'I would like' posts, so I think that we kinda need a thread for it. What would you like to see (realistically) in the next version, or at least soon-ish, of your 3rd party apps?

For me, I wish that the wonderful Adium would have video mostly, but a little thing is with e-mail: thankfully we now have notifications of e-mails, and who they're from. If I can see that the e-mail is junk from the information Adium gives me, I would like to have 'Junk' or 'Delete' buttons as well as the given 'OK' and 'Open Mail', as its quite irritating to have to go to the slow Windows Live Mail all the time to delete mail...

I would also like Skitch to have integration with QuickShareIt, instead of just their own server, as I now drag my pictures to the desktop, then QuickShareIt, and that's just irritating.

I am annoyed that Sixtyforce does not work with Zelda:Ocarina Of Time after the Deku tree, while the previous version does.

Finally, but maybe I'm wrong and it already exists, I would like a way to run 'Repair Disk Permissions' from Quicksilver.

2. Jessy macrumors regular

Blender needs to allow animation exportation to Unity. The GIMP and Inkscape need to run outside of the pitiful X11 environment. Stepmania and Synfig just needs to @#$%^&* run.

Sixtyforce needs to run Doom 64.

And Krita needs to get on OS X, but that's a slightly different issue.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My number one third party app request would be better File Transfer in Adium. It still doesn't work often enough to be able to rely on. I have to use iChat, or tell people to email whatever they are trying to send me instead. From what I understand, it's a limitation in GAIM that prevents Adium from being more successful in this regard.

4. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Yes, I use QuickShareIt and just send them a link, its awesome!

One more: It would be cool if Parallels supported multiple cores like Fusion

5. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but another thing came to me:

I would like to have a timer in Quicksilver. For example, if I type 'In 30 seconds' and then press tab, its like starting QS from scratch, but whatever I choose to do happens in 30 seconds.