What would you pay?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crashwins, Apr 17, 2013.

  1. crashwins macrumors member

    Sep 11, 2009
    I need something to tide me over until the summer releases so I was thinking I'd just pick up something on the "used" market, ie Craigslist. Found one of these for $350, in excellent shape, fairly new-ish. Worth buying? I would only be doing some Aperture work on it, Photoshop, etc. My plan would be to just resell it come summer. Thanks!

    Model - MB323LL/A
    Apple iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 20-Inch (Early 2008)
  2. justperry macrumors G3


    Aug 10, 2007
    In the core of a black hole.
    Not bad, you can even run 10.8.3 on it, RAM is important and it can go up to 6 GB.
    You won't loose much on it if any if you sell it later this year.
  3. firedept macrumors 603


    Jul 8, 2011
    I have the same model iMac (MB323LL/A) with 4GB Ram and it still works fine with PS CS6. A little slow but but works none the less. $350 is decent price. Not sure what you are expecting in regards to a summer release if there will even be one. I also have the new late 2012 27" iMac i7 3.4GHz 1TB Fusion 680MX and it is a dream machine to work on. As the new iMac was released in November I would not expect much more than a minor spec bump. And I would not expect that till Q3-Q4. Unless it is a funds issue. If it is not funds, Just go for new.
  4. crashwins thread starter macrumors member

    Sep 11, 2009
    Sorry, I should have mentioned I'm not waiting on anything in the iMac arena..Just curious in terms of the Retina lineup, Haswell, etc. Basically I just don't think it's the best idea to go out and spend $1500-2000 right now before things could potentially come out..I know there is a lot of speculation on this, but if I buy used, worst case is I just resell for around what I paid (ideally :)

Share This Page