What would you rather have? iPad + Clamcase or CR-48

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bobjob186, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Hi friends,
    I've been in and out of the iPad game plenty over the last 11 months. My biggest reason for getting out has always been the typing functionality and the biggest reasons for getting back into one has ben the ease of use and simplicity. Now as you probably know last month was the release of the Clamcase which essentially solves my keyboard problem but it is a bit pricey at over $100.

I've been seeing some CR-48's on craigslist here and there and they look good and are priced similarly to the ipad. I want to know from someone who has experience with the CR-48, would you rather have that or and ipad+clamcase combo? My main use for the machine is email, streaming content, and browsing the web. Battery life is an obvious concern but I'm willing to let that go if the computer experience is higher on the CR-48 and the battery life is higher than your average netbook. Weight is also an obvious concern so would love to hear how heavy the thing really is.

Appreciate any feedback.

Bob

2. elan123 macrumors 6502

look at the forum you are on...

3. Bobjob186 thread starter macrumors 6502

oh shoot!
    I thought i was in buying tips.

hope mods can move this for me :(

Mybad.

4. twitchgreen macrumors newbie

I have the Clamcase & I like it. I also have the Zagg keyboard case..which I do not like. The Clamcase does add some heft, but I think the pro of having a keyboard that can fold, bend, & protect the iPad more than makes up for it.