What would you want in return for small donations?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Josh Kahane, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Josh Kahane macrumors 6502

Hi

So I am starting up a review website for iPhone games. As I am currently only supporting it myself, I need some help from others so that I can put out more and more reviews of your favorite games.

I was wondering, if you were following my website, what would you want in return for a small donation towards helping me run my site? It is perfectly understandable that people would want something in return for donating towards my cause.

Any ideas or help much appreciated, thank you.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

honestly I think you should try to support your site with ads and referrals.

There are plenty of free sites to get reviews from.

I would donate if I could get promo codes.

3. Josh Kahane thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes ok. Well, the website will be free, anyone will be allowed to view the reviews like most other sites. Only the number of reviews I can do would be reduced and so donations would help increase that. And I know people would only want to donate if they got something back. E.g. promo codes.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

4. reoreilly macrumors member

You should set up a Paypal donation button on the page, that might encourage people to donate if they like the site. Just an idea. :)

Maybe people who donate could suggest a game or two they'd like to see reviewed.

5. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

What exactly do you have to give. If you need help setting up, this to me means you have nothing to offer.

Seriously, in all honestly, I would not pay for information that I can get for free.

Google is free
    MR is free
    Reviews in Appstore are free, (and suspect)
    There are app games review sites already

However, I wish you well in your endeavor.

6. Josh Kahane thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I don't need any help setting up. I just wanted to know from the iPhone and iPod Touch users what they would want in return, as I know its only fair they would want something for donating.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

The site will still be free to use and fetch information from, but the donations would add perks. Kinda like the private forum on macrumors after making a donation.