Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Any advice on which arcade/games to get? I am not into any shooting games :D I am mainly interested in regards to the arcade/original xbox games. Is crash bandicoot or banjo any good?

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Thanks for the reminder. Bought Nuts and Bolts but got sidetracked by playing Fable 2 for second time (for evil) and forgot to even fire this game up. Looks like fun...really miss solid platformers...

Paul

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
With Banjo and Kazooie is there a different between the retail and arcade version?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yes a big big difference.

The Arcade Banjo Kazooie is simply the N64 original, running at a higher resolution.

The Retail Banjo Kazooie is actually Banjo Kazooie 3. A brand new HD game developed exclusivly by RARE for the 360.

Banjo Kazooie : Nuts & Bolts focusses not only on the platforming of old school (which mostly takes part in the large HUB world) but on building vehicles lego physics style and taking on challenges in the off world areas of the central HUB. There is an amazing amount of versatility involved and it's great fun creating new vehicles or obtaining that special part needed to finally take to the skies, or seas.

I know you enjoyed the original Viva Pinata, maybe you should give the sequel a spin. It's very much improved on the original, and just as absorbing and enjoyable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.