What ya think about this iphone 4 Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by clarknick67, Mar 16, 2011.

1. clarknick67 macrumors member

Hi, there. What kind of screen protector do u guys use for your iphone 4? Anyone ever has hand on experience with this 2 Pc. Screen Protector? It lookes super hot on some sites. But I'm afraid it would looks cheap as its price. Is it durable enough??

2. violetp macrumors newbie

Recommendation? Invisible Shield full body. It's only $30 at AT&T I think, but you get a lifetime warranty. Definitely good if you wear earrings, you don't have to worry about marring the front or back, or if you like naked devices.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I have that, you can easily see fingerprints and it kinda downgrades retina display. I took mine off and going screen protector less for the last 3 months!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Screen portectors are worthless, as are cases.

5. thespazz macrumors 6502a

cases are definitely not worthless. I'll like to have a case on for that time when I flub and drop my phone. some protection is better than none.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I agree, they ruin the feel of the touch screen. I had one on one of my old WinMo phones, but have never put one on any of my iPhones. I think the screen protector disease is called OCDism.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

(shrugs) and the times I've dropped my phone with no damage still wouldn't persuade me to cover it up. Seriously, what's the point of buying something as elegant as the if you're just going to put layer over layer on top of it so you can't use it like it's designed to be?

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

The point is for people who cant hold on too a phone (my girlfriend lol)

Only reason I have a case on mine is because it says SF GIANTS WS CHAMPS

No screen protector though and there are some scratches but only seen in sunlight.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I se a screen protector for thing, I had a 3Gs where the olephobic coating wore off. I want to avoid that issue. Plus for people who put their phones in their pockets, it add a level of protection from keys and coins.

I've read enough reports of the glass getting scratched to embrace the notion of a screen protector.

Some people don't use them, others do. Its all a personal preference.

11. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

LOL until you scratch the "Hard to scratch" glass the first day you have the Iphone ( My 3g)
    Ever since I have a Case and Screen protector and cannot imagine without one.

My wife throws her phone in the purse and it does get scratched so she has one

Iphone4 without bumper? Hmm

I have a sleek case easy to take out of

I feel little difference between the protector and glass its good, no bubbles

$0.99 from Ebay

Up to you some claim never ever a scratch or a nick, yet so many phones resold on ebay have them, must be a number that do then.

12. clarknick67 thread starter macrumors member

$0.99? sounds great price.

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816