Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Simple;

Abilty not to be thrown out of the App Store when made a purchase (sure this was meant to be in iOS 5)

The MMS button in Messages needs to support other media like location, contact and photos (like What'sApp)

Commands either on Notification Centre or under Spotlight to toggle off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc - the Settings.app is a mess

Make the time and address smaller on the lock screen to show more notifications

Apple bundled Turn by turn application

Abilty to hide/remove Apple apps such as Newsstand, Stocks etc etc

Landscape home screen and Settings.app

Timer in the Camera.app

What else would you guys like to see?

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
1) ability to delete notifications off of the lock screen
2) ability to delete or "mark as read" emails off of lock screen
3) Other "live" widgets for notification center

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Stocks and weather in the notification center on the iPad would be nice ( not a deal breaker though)

sdm1985

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
1) ability to delete notifications off of the lock screen
2) ability to delete or "mark as read" emails off of lock screen
3) Other "live" widgets for notification center

Do you mean for the app and notifications to be linked? It's a good start as it is, but it needs more work

----------

Stocks and weather in the notification center on the iPad would be nice ( not a deal breaker though)

Surely that's possible?

bisonthrow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Do you mean for the app and notifications to be linked? It's a good start as it is, but it needs more work

----------

I mean i want to be able to swipe from right to left across a notification ie. Scorecenter and have it no longer appear on my lock screen or in my notification center. I also want to be able to do the same across an email and have the option for it to either a) delete the email or b) mark it as read this removing the notification but leaving the email in my phone

Nioxic

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2011
Denmark
Siri for iphone 4 (not 4S) This is mostly because, adding stuff into the calendar is completely annoying and takes forever if you wanna do it properly. Either simplify it alot or gimme siri!!

ability to remove (or just hide, and still be searchable through spotlight) apples native apps like the stocks and weather (and why bother with a contact app when its built into the phone app?)!)!)!)

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Ability to keep unread notifications on the lockscreen after unlocking your phone.

Ability to keep calender notifications a couple days or weeks ahead on your lockscreen/notification bar so you can see your upcoming appointments.

wademvp91

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Indianapolis
I'd personally like these 2 things. I might add more later as I think them up!
  • New Wallpapers
  • Ability to add more than the Weather & Stock widgets to the Notification Center
  • Give 3rd party access to the notification center so that companies like Facebook or ESPN can add widgets to the notification center

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
ability to remove (or just hide, and still be searchable through spotlight) apples native apps like the stocks and weather (and why bother with a contact app when its built into the phone app?)!)!)!)

So that I can look up a number quickly in my database while I'm already in a call. Tapping the Phone app only brings you right back to the call in-progress.

I do agree though, the ability to hide apps I rarely use while keeping them on the phone would be nice, but that's what Folders are for. (Especially my "Utilities" folder on my Home Screen where the overflow Apple apps go.)

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Simple;

Make the time and address smaller on the lock screen to show more notifications

You are aware that they scroll once it fills up? Maybe you mean just so you can see more at a glance?

Nice list by the way.

I'd like to add that some sort of indicator in the status bar for when you have something in notification center. By indicator i mean something like the Play arrow for music playing or the tilted arrow for location. How about an ! for when you have unread notifications or (!) for when you have new notifications so that you can essentially turn off the banners and popups for everything and the phone wont bother you but you will see that ! and know that you got a message or something.

----------

So that I can look up a number quickly in my database while I'm already in a call. Tapping the Phone app only brings you right back to the call in-progress.

Have you tried tapping the contacts button on the in call screen? That gives you access to your address book.

iPhone%20infringes%20call%20display%20patent-thumb-480x799.png

Old image but its there in the bottom right.

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
On iPad Safari, I'd like to revert the tab browsing interface to use the page view it used to have instead of the tab bar component it's now using (which looks hideous and needlessly wastes a lot of screen real estate). Or I'd at least like a preference to pick.

A preference to use iMessage only if on wifi instead of only being able to toggle it on/off. I want it on for wifi and off when on my data plan since KBs are cheaper on my text plan.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
For iMessage to hide keyboard the same way as whatsapp, by tapping the chat. At least we're able to flick the keyboard down now unlike in iOS 4 but the way on whatsapp is better

----------

You are aware that they scroll once it fills up? Maybe you mean just so you can see more at a glance?

Nice list by the way.

I'd like to add that some sort of indicator in the status bar for when you have something in notification center. By indicator i mean something like the Play arrow for music playing or the tilted arrow for location. How about an ! for when you have unread notifications or (!) for when you have new notifications so that you can essentially turn off the banners and popups for everything and the phone wont bother you but you will see that ! and know that you got a message or something.

----------

Have you tried tapping the contacts button on the in call screen? That gives you access to your address book.

Old image but its there in the bottom right.

I like your idea of an icon in the menu bar

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
I like your idea of an icon in the menu bar

Thanks. Right now there is no way to tell you have anything in the notification center. I think they feel the app badges are good but I turn those off as they annoy me and I feel like I have to clear them =).

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks. Right now there is no way to tell you have anything in the notification center. I think they feel the app badges are good but I turn those off as they annoy me and I feel like I have to clear them =).

I like the app badges but you're right sometimes I just open the app to clear them but I'm too busy or don't want to check the notifications at that time. And I'm sure someone in the jailbreak community will add a feature like that. But I don't jailbreak so won't be able to use it

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
I like the app badges but you're right sometimes I just open the app to clear them but I'm too busy or don't want to check the notifications at that time. And I'm sure someone in the jailbreak community will add a feature like that. But I don't jailbreak so won't be able to use it

I used to jailbreak until this update. I don't want to lose the over the air software update functionality so I probably wont be jailbreaking again =(

Starlifter

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Photo Stream

I would seriously like the ability to delete photos from Photo Stream, otherwise I will never use it. I hate looking at crappy test pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.