What your favorite pointing device for your new iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crows, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Favorite pointing device?

1. Magic Mouse

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Track Pad

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. 3rd party mouse

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. 3rd party trackball

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. crows macrumors member

As the title states whats your favorite pointing device you will use with your new iMac? Also if you switch devices for different tasks post your setups, I'm thinking of using a trackball because sometimes I do some 3d modeling and my wrist suffers from the constant motion of a normal mouse and it helps me to use a trackball so the arm and wrist stays put.

2. jido, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

jido macrumors regular

I love trackballs. But I would use one for my work computer, at home I am satisfied with a simple wireless scroll mouse.

My new iMac came with a Magic Mouse. Since I did not see a compelling improvement over a cheap wireless mouse, I just took it to the Apple store in Regent Street and explained I ordered the computer with the wrong device, and when I called Apple they told me the order would need to be cancelled and redone (which is the truth). So they graciously exchanged it for a Magic Trackpad.

I am more happy now.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I can't really vote..Mine is still processing, but I like the MM and can't see any reason for changing....Might add in a trackpad though.

4. laryenhilllvr macrumors regular

i can't vote because my order (with a trackpad) is still pending so the only thing i've used is the magic mouse - unless you count the laptop's trackpad.