Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhalandrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
i was playing My Town 2 (level 50 btw) and it froze! so i pressed the home button and the rest of my phone still worked....and i just turned my phone off to turn it back on because that has fixed crashing in the past. and when i tried to turn it back on....NOTHING HAPPENED! i tried plugging it to the wall, itunes, etc.....anyone have any ideas?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
plz help me.

Try closing the app in the multitasking tray. If that doesn't work you may have to delete the app and redownload it. You would lose your games saves etc. if you do that though so only do it as a last resort. I'm sure someone else can give you some better help, I've never heard of the game your referring to.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Try closing the app in the multitasking tray. If that doesn't work you may have to delete the app and redownload it. You would lose your games saves etc. if you do that though so only do it as a last resort. I'm sure someone else can give you some better help, I've never heard of the game your referring to.

I don't think that's helpful if the phone won't turn on at all.

OP: Try holding the home button and the power button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds and see if that helps turning on your phone.
I have never seen this happen with apps freezing. I do however experienced similar issue, I was also playing My town 2 and one day it froze the phone completely, but pushing the home button and the power button for 10-15 second fixed my issue.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area

OP: Try holding the home button and the power button simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds and see if that helps turning on your phone.
I have never seen this happen with apps freezing. I do however experienced similar issue, I was also playing My town 2 and one day it froze the phone completely, but pushing the home button and the power button for 10-15 second fixed my issue.

This^^^

Once in a great while I will take my phone out of my pocket and it just be a black screen. It's bascially turned inself off and nothing I do will get it to turn back ok Pushing the power button does nothing, home button, etc. Just basically dead. I have to do a hard reset. Hold the home and power button down at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Then all is well.

iPhalandrew

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
wow

thanks everyone i called someone in georgia and now i'm getting a white 4S. THAHHHZZZZ RITE.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Hold the home and power buttons at the same time until you see the white Apple logo. Sometimes this can take longer than 15 seconds. This does a forced reboot.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
thanks everyone i called someone in georgia and now i'm getting a white 4S. THAHHHZZZZ RITE.

Nice result although my choice would have been the black version.

Something about the white version shouts about looking grubby after wear and tear !

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011

Didn't realize it wasn't turning on. I thought OP meant the app wasn't turning on/launching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.