Whatcha doin' for the 4th of July?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unspoken Demise, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I guess everyone non-American can disregard this thread title and replace it with...

"Whatcha doin' on July 4th? Not that it has any significance or anything."

I'll probably just have a good old cook-out with some friends and my girlfriend. Let my kitty have a hamburger, record it because it will be cute, and show all my friends, then at night shoot off some fireworks and have a beer.

Not that I drink or anything, seeing as that would be highly illegal.

And tomorrow the 3rd I have a paid holiday from work, so I'll probably sleep in and be lazy. You know, doing the normal American thing.

Anyone doing anything more exciting this 4th of July than me? It can't be that hard. :p

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I live in Canada, but I'll play along. :p

I "worked" Canada Day (yesterday) and have tomorrow off instead. Having a BBQ in a park with some friends and my fiancee on Saturday.

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

So...your kitty CAN has a cheezeburger?

(Sorry, it had to be done :D)

My day will be much the same, except mine will involve beer. Mmmm..beer. I actually have tomorrow and Monday off, so I'm going to be REALLY lazy. I love 4 day weekends.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Since I have the day off, I'll be working on a research proposal.

5. Unspoken Demise thread starter macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

No, just a hamburger. The cheese would give him gas. :(

6. Queso macrumors G4

7. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Drinking and watching fireworks! :D

Note: Playing With Fireworks While Drinking = BAD

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well apparently I am off work tomorrow. I had no idea.
    I am going to do what I can whether it takes some sort of sleep aid or not, to get some rest. I believe the last week has worked me over and now that it seems things are good for my friend I'm going to try and rest easy. Then I'll clean the house. As for the actual 4th? I dunno. One day at a time. I'd love to go for a bike ride but I was given the giant thumbs down again for another week.

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

10. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

Probably same as the last six weeks, keep one eye on the sky and one ear on the weather band and keep the clutter out of the path to the cellar door. We have had hail storms, fog, mist, rain, flooding and even a tornado warning a couple days ago. Today it's back to the usual cheery NOAA t'storm warnings, this is good until 6pm:

THESE THUNDERSTORMS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE VERY HEAVY RAIN AND SMALL HAIL...AND COULD CAUSE LOCALIZED FLOODING OF ROADS AND POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. RAINFALL RATES COULD REACH ONE INCH AN HOUR IN THE THUNDERSTORMS.

When we finally ever get a sunny day, I will set up for a belated Independence Day grilled dinner and picnic in the yard, which at the moment looks more like a rice paddy or possibly a fish hatchery. I saw a bright orange newt out there two days ago, happily paddling around amid the forget-me-nots and ferns near the stone wall before the back pasture Haven't seen one of them since the floods of 2006 so I am thinking it's time to get out the sump pumps.

Nonetheless, the Fourth of July is the Fourth of July so I'll put out the flag and some extra little flags on Saturday and try to make the back porch look festive in contrast to the gloomy skies. :)

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I will be sipping cocktails at my friends' penthouse overlooking Millennium Park, watching the fireworks over the lake. :)

12. MacVixen macrumors 6502

Going to a BBQ at a friend's house. They have had an Annual 4th of July BBQ for about 15 years now that I've been attending - it would be strange not to go! So food, drinks, and then later in the evening - FIREWORKS (though I continue to be sad that they just don't make fireworks like they used to. Who needs safe & sane? :mad:)

:D

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

Grrrr... You're lucky. That's going to be an awesome view! Have fun.

As for me, I'll be tending to a dog who goes crazy at the sound of fireworks.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think teh girlfriends coming round so probably play some games, walk into town, teach her some SLR basics, watch You've Been Framed and eat pasta bolognese with homemade garlic bread.

Might watch Southpark's I'm a Litte Bit Country ep though :)

15. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well, 4th of July is my cousin's engagement party, so I'll be all dressed up at a hotel probably bored outta my mind. But there will be a TON of people there (Big family).

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I go to their place a lot. They have great parties. The 4th there last year was awesome. They do the whole 9 yards- two open bars, catering and all. It's a great time.

17. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Oh no, I forgot about our dog. She is the calmest dog except fireworks and gunfire scare the bejesus out of her.

18. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

On the 3rd is a Guinness Record attempt for the largest gathering/walk of ZOMBIES in Fremont neighborhood, Seattle. I'll be taking photos

guinness-world-record-at-stake-zombie

:D

The 4th will be watching the niece/nephew play in the bouncy castle/slide at the street fair. Oh, and there will be fireworks.

19. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Making sweet love all day.

Um, I will probably be going to Ottawa, go figure.

20. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

21. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Hopefully, *crosses fingers, be out on the lake with the g/f on the boat watching fireworks!

22. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...leaving Friday morning and driving up to the Natural Bridges Park in Utah, will do some photography up there, spend the night in Blanding, then head over to Mesa Verde in Colorado and do some more photography on Saturday and spend the night in Cortez....then Sunday it'll be a leisurely drive back to Abq with maybe a stop or two for some pics if something grabs our attention....oh yeah!

23. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I am going swimming with dad because he is off work for once.

24. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I wish I could send you some of our sunshine. 20+ days with no real rainfall here. Oh yeah, and temps hovering around 100.

25. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Enjoying myself with family and friends, and of course watching fireworks! :)