Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What you waiting for?

• Larger iMac

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • New processors in MacBook Family

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • New iPod

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • iPod/Cell Phone

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • iTunes Movie Store

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • New iSights

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 18.0%

• Total voters

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Curious to see what people are looking forward to the most in the next apple product. I deeply apologise for tying in a POS Gwen Stefani song into the title of this thread, but I couldn't resist.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Where's the poll?

Edit: n/m. Needed a refresh.

I'd vote for connectivity away from home and thin-clients, now that people are getting server-class devices in their homes. Too bad broadband isn't fast enough or common enough to do this yet.

Among the options ... Other :D

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I'm just looking at expected shipping dates

MBP and Mac mini 24 hours
iMac's 1-2 business days
MacBooks 5-7 business days

I'm torn between ordering a stripped 2.0 MacBook
hoping that Apple might ship an updated model,
or following my original plan to buy a refurb 2.0 and hope
for the best.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
That too. Maybe we'll be seeing some leaked pictures of them in a CDG elevator. :rolleyes:

ddrueckhammer

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2004
America's Wang
Rokem said:
i'd only buy it if it broke 3ghz and could be used to boil water. also make it an 8 core system with 16 gigabytes of ram.

You could definately boil water with one of those. It would be rather useful to iron clothes with as well.

I am really waiting for a Merom Macbook or reduced price Macbook with better thermal properties. I know that the Merom isn't any cooler but maybe there is something that they can do to the design to drop it down a few more degrees because many other manufacturers don't seem to be having the heat problems that Apple is. Also, an iTunes video rental store would be cool but I won't hold my breath.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
ddrueckhammer said:
You could definately boil water with one of those. It would be rather useful to iron clothes with as well.

I am really waiting for a Merom Macbook or reduced price Macbook with better thermal properties. I know that the Merom isn't any cooler but maybe there is something that they can do to the design to drop it down a few more degrees because many other manufacturers don't seem to be having the heat problems that Apple is. Also, an iTunes video rental store would be cool but I won't hold my breath.

I'd be interested to see if you really could boil water with one. I don't know if I wanna try, though.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
introducing the new line of macbooks, The macbook iron. made from stainless steel to ensure good looks. You can even use it to iron cloths. and we finally get our 3ghz g5s. and one more thing, the whole switching to intel was a joke. :D

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I'm spending as little as possible to get a decent machine hoping it will hold
together for 3-4 years.

2 years from now nearly any machine you buy today will still be working,
but the specs will be pathetic by comparison.

I'm not only looking at the upgrade path, but also figuring in a strong Klutz factor
in what I am willing to risk on a laptop.

If they survive three years, I really can't complain.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
iMacZealot said:
i love it how they have the security slot thing at the bottom; as if anyone could physically remove it and conceal it :D

FFTT said:
2 years from now nearly any machine you buy today will still be working, but the specs will be pathetic by comparison.
Welcome to the world of computers. If you want to have some form of up-to-date computer all the time, consider a job with a 6 figure salary. 7 or more is preferable.

Remember when Gates said no one will ever use 640kb? there are images bigger than 640kb. Later this year, Intel will show off its Quad core chips, and 2nd Q 2007, will show off its Oct core chips. I don't think any single computer we own today will look good in two years time. :p

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
I voted new MB, iPhone and new iPod. Despite ordering a MB on Sunday, i can still sell it for a lot more than i bought it for so make a profit and get a better computer, but hopefully it will have dedicated graphics.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
Scarlet Fever said:
i love it how they have the security slot thing at the bottom; as if anyone could physically remove it and conceal it :D

Welcome to the world of computers. If you want to have some form of up-to-date computer all the time, consider a job with a 6 figure salary. 7 or more is preferable.

Remember when Gates said no one will ever use 640kb? there are images bigger than 640kb. Later this year, Intel will show off its Quad core chips, and 2nd Q 2007, will show off its Oct core chips. I don't think any single computer we own today will look good in two years time. :p

i dont know, i give the mac pro 2.5 years cuas of the custumionazation, yes thats word i just cant spell...

plunar

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
The day i can order adobe for intel is the day i get a maxed out mbp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.