Whatever happened to TRIS?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hansvon, Oct 18, 2008.

1. hansvon macrumors member

My friend has it on his unjailbroken iPhone and I just recently upgraded my iPod touch to 2.1 like 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the App Store. I had it on my jailbroken 1.1.4. Did it move back to installer/cydia?

2. qwanza macrumors member

The creators of the original tetris (forgot the name:confused:) made a lawsuit due to copyright infringement.

I managed to grab it myself before it was pulled.
    very disappointing as now there are no updates available:( The game thankfully has no bugs thought:p

3. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

That....sucks on so many levels. Now I don't even know if that new $7.99 Tetris will be anywhere as simple, easy to use, or even nice to look at for that matter. Out of the 30 or so apps I had when I had JBken, that was probably #1 for most use among me and my friends. Lame, yes, but suuuch a good timewaster.

4. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Yep its bullcrap because I had it on my iPhone, then had to restore, lost it and it was gone from the App Store :(

5. Maxington macrumors 6502

O' copyright. How fun it is to see you rear your ugly head against the little ones.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Well, EA's Tetris is supposed to be very high quality. I don't have it myself, but reviews hail it as having great graphics and sound (Tris didn't have sound), and even good controls. Of course, it's $8 compared to *free*...

There's a review and video here

7. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

So if I ever have to restore my iPhone to factory default, I'll loose Tris? Even though its part of my applications list iTunes?

8. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

If it's in your apps list in iTunes, you will not lose it.