What's a broken PB G4 worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hardsc02, Feb 23, 2008.

1. hardsc02 macrumors member

I have a PB G4 that is dead. I think the HD is shot because the computer won't start up at all (I get the flashing question mark icon). I could not reboot the computer even after I found the disk. It appeared to me that the HD was recognized but it had an 'exclamation' mark over it in the icon. I dropped it off at my local independant Mac store so that they could have a look at it. If the HD is indeed screwed up, how much should I expect them to give me if I decide to sell it? I just don't want to be taken advantage of because I don't really know the value of used computers. Could anyone give me an idea? Thanks.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

If it's just the hard drive, why not replace it? Even if you still decide to sell, you will get much more for a functioning mac.

3. hardsc02 thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to ask the other part of my question. Would I be better off paying to have it repaired and then selling it somewhere like eBay?

4. hardsc02 thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks, you had already posted as I was typing out that question. So how much is a HD. Are there any websites you would suggest to price them around?

5. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

I just bought one on ifixit.com and you can look up which model computer you have. Real easy through the website!

Enjoy!