Whats a cheap and decent phone for switching an iPhone SIM into?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NiroshanMan, Aug 6, 2008.

1. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

So this fall i run cross country and go to a lot of places where at most times i just have to leave my bag around, while no one is watching. I don't want to have my iPhone lying around somewhere getting ready to be stolen. What is a cheap AT&T alternative unlocked phone i can buy and just slip my iPhone SIM into. Price range $10-20, if possible. I want it to look decent too, not just some crappy thing, but hey i can't complain if its in that price range so give me what ever you got.
    Target has one of these prepaid cells, do they work off SIM cards? Its $15 and looks decent. http://www.target.com/Motorola-AT-P...de=13980691&frombrowse=1&rh=p_3:$0-$24&page=1

2. Bodah macrumors regular

3. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Using everyones friends 'Google' it seems to be a decent phone and most people like it.
    Yes it uses a sim card so it will work for what you want.

4. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks! do you think its worth it, idk $15 is cheap for a phone, i don't really care for any features, just needs to hold contacts and messaging, if i wanted more i would get an iPhone! wait... i already have one ha. Anyways can you buy these without credit cards or anything, do you have to be 18 or anything?

5. Bodah macrumors regular

I don't know any details about if you need to be 18 or have a credit card.

I was considering doing the exact same thing. I am really hard on phones, I've dropped 2 in lakes while boating, and ruined others in different ways. I may wait until the initial bill and all the accessories are bought before I go spending any more money though.

6. NiroshanMan thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweet. I just went to target and bought it for $15 bucks. Really good deal for an alternate phone. I just put in my SIM and started up the phone and recognized it and it was ready to go. You may be able to use internet on there, if media net is the same thing, but yea good sleek $15 phone. Go ahead and buy it, no credit card, no age requirement.