What's a Decent Price 2nd Hand In The UK?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Paulg2uk, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Paulg2uk macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get an 11 inch Air to use with some of my guitar FX processor and midi board software. It doesn't have to be that powerful as the programs I use are fairly basic. I just wondered what I should be paying for an early 2015 model, 128gb, 1.6ghz but it has 8gb RAM which I thought was a bonus.

Many thanks
    Paul

2. jeddouglas macrumors regular

I suggest you check e-bay or gumtree to see what is available. The 11 inch with 8gb RAM was a build to order so there will not be so many around. I bought an 11" 128gb 4gb RAM 2012 model on e-bay just over a year ago for about £390 if that is any help to you.

3. Paulg2uk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, I've seen one up for grabs on ebay this spec and just wondered what I should be paying for it?

4. jeddouglas macrumors regular

I did price a new 11" 256gb 8gb RAM just before they got discontinued and it was £979. I seem to recall the extra 128gb was £150, so that would make the 128gb model with 8gb RAM £829 new. Depending on the condition of the model you are looking at, perhaps you could get it for £600 to £700. They may be in demand given that they have been discontinued so that may drive up the price a bit.

Good luck.