Price Advice What's a fair price for this 15-inc Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Danno21, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Danno21 macrumors regular

Danno21

Hey guys, deciding on whether I should sell my early 2011 Macbook Pro and get a 2012 MBA since I've only been using it for the web since I built a new desktop this January.

The specs are in my sig, but here's the listing I'd post:

"Selling my Early 2011 15-inch Macbook Pro. Here are some of its features:

- 15 inch LCD screen with high resolution and anti-glare upgrades
    - Intel i7 2.3Ghz Quadcore processor
    - 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
    - AMD Radeon HD 6750m with 1024MB VRAM
    - OWC Mercury Electra 240GB SATA 6GB SSD (very fast boot times!)

It comes with its original box, AC charger, manuals and system disks. I purchased this in May 2011 right before Lion came out, so the system disks have Snow Leopard and not Lion.

Along with it, I am adding an OWC Data Doubler along with some tools that enables you to remove the SuperDrive (DVD Drive) and replace it with another HDD/SSD. Retail it goes for $80.

I am also adding an older wireless Mighty Mouse, a Cooler Master cooling pad (fans are going out on it, but it's a very nice stand since it's metal) and a bottle of iKlear and a microfiber cloth to keep the Macbook Pro clean."

What would YOU pay for it?

Thanks a bunch guys

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Danno21 thread starter macrumors regular

Danno21

Yeah, I am sorry guys. Posted this without actually looking at the other posts and noticed someone posted a same year MBP 15 with a slightly less config below me lol.

4. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Nice setup!

Personaly, I would pay around 1950. Your problem is that with the SSD, your value is higher than the price of a new one...

5. Danno21 thread starter macrumors regular

Danno21

Yeah, I personally don't need the SSD and am using the 750GB HDD that came with it in my desktop as media storage. Currently OWC has the SSD for around $300 so.

I may be getting less for it by selling it with the SSD, but it'll be more likely to sell I'd think.

6. ERIC273 macrumors 6502

It depends how much the person knows about computers :p:cool:

7. Danno21 thread starter macrumors regular

Danno21