Price Advice What's a fair price to sell iPad 1

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by penfan82, Feb 27, 2012.

1. penfan82 macrumors regular

What do u think is a fair price to sell iPad 1 at has no scratches etc

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Let me guess... you upgraded to iOS5 and now its CRAZY slow, buggy, and there's no way to revert to iOS4? Well, at least that's my problem... Yeah, I'm a bit angry about it, too.

They look to be going for around $300 on eBay. :D

4. kingtj macrumors 68020

You didn't tell us which configuration?

I just sold a 64GB iPad with wifi and 3G (AT&T), and got $385 for it locally, including the original Apple case/cover and a 3M privacy screen protector I had on it. I was asking $400 on Craigslist and had to haggle with a college student who tried to offer me $350 initially.

5. penfan82 thread starter macrumors regular

Yep all of the above and iPad 3 looks like it'll be worth upgrade

6. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

LOL, sorry... I'm there, too. Only problem is my iPad is school-provided (I'm a teacher) and was free to me. Obviously, I don't want to have to buy one if I don't have to. Man, do I regret upgrading to iOS5... all I wanted was the split keyboard and now I NEVER even use it... *sigh*

7. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I thought the split keyboard was an iPad 2 only thing. I have a friend at work who showed me the split kb on his iPad 2 but I never even looked for it on my iPad. I'll have to give it a try on my 16 GB iPad 1 when I go home this evening. Slow? Not in my experience but I use my iPad mostly for taking notes at meetings and the occasional ebook and the occasional puzzle game.

8. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Safari crashes ALOT on my iPad 1 now. It's even crashed just going to macrumors.com when there are a lot of graphics in a story on the main page. It's starting to get a bit frustrating.

I downloaded the demo for the atomic web browser, but it has the same issue.

www.thestar.com crashes just about every single time I try to go there, which is too bad because they have completely designed their website around the iPad and tablets in general.

Seriously, someone go to www.thestar.com and tell me if your iPad 1 crashes.

9. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Nope; works perfectly fine on my 1st gen., but I just haven't found it as useful as I thought it would be. Oh well... :) Can't speak for everyone else, but I can say that my iPad is DEFINITELY slower than it was iOS 4.3.3.

10. nwmac macrumors newbie

Yup, just crashed for me when I tried it on my iPad 1.

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Before the iPad 3 actually comes out, I'd say you could probably get someone to give you $300 for it. If I were buying I would not pay more than $250, selling I'd start at $325 and take no less than $275.

12. foodog macrumors 6502a

foodog

I have two original iPads both 64 GB wi/fi and 3G. They both ran fine with IOS 5.0... both currently run IOS 5.1 (beta) and they work as fast as they ever did, with any IOS version.

13. Spinnetti macrumors regular

wierd.... I upgraded our ipad 1 the second I could, and it seems fine to me.... I'll probably get a 3 also, unless the price goes way up.