What's a good bathroom BT speaker?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by davidg4781, Mar 11, 2015.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68010

I'm looking for a speaker to use in the bathroom while getting ready for work. One that's portable would be great so I can use it around the apartment as well but I'd like it to be able to plug in.

I've tried looking for some online and the only ones I find are suction cup generic bluetooth speaker for the shower or just standard portable ones. Would the steam in there cause any issues for it? I live alone so I leave the door open when I shower.

I would be using this with either my MBP or iPhone. If one supports AirPlay that would be great also, but I'm not sure if I can change tracks via AirPlay from the speakers.

2. Rachel Faith macrumors regular

Rachel Faith

3. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

So this is total overkill, but I like the way it works out: I got a Fugoo Sport, waterproof Bluetooth speaker, and the optional bike (handlebar) mount, which I attached to the shower curtain rod. It can play louder than I need, voices are very distinct if I listen to podcasts, I can reach a hand up to its top surface and work the next/previous/play/pause/Siri controls easily and without worrying about it getting wet (you could answer a call though I've not tried that), and it's very secure on the mount, yet I can easily unlatch it and take elsewhere if I want.

http://www.amazon.com/Fugoo-Sport-Bike-Mount-Bundle/dp/B00SNW9Z5S/

4. csixty4 macrumors regular

I just got an Amazon Basics BT speaker to listen to podcasts while I get ready. Great speaker. Decent bass when I put on music. it's not going to win any prizes for its looks, but it's not ugly either.