whats a good external HD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PACMAC, Aug 2, 2008.

1. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

im looking to get a new external HD but not sure what brand to buy?
    thats compat with my macbook/pc....usb ones because my pc dont have firewire

as of now i have a WD but crap out on me:mad:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. PACMAC thread starter macrumors regular

PACMAC

ok thanks:)

also as for my WD HD external that i have the dont work anymore for some reson today is it done for??

i plug it to my macbook/pc i can hear it make like a click click sound like its stuck or something then spins like normal after but it wont pop up on my mac/pc..it stops spining after but still..i try diffrent cables/usb ports still wont read..

thanks

4. The Hammer macrumors regular

I don't think so. Opinions seem to be all over the place. Every manufacturer has their backers and detractors. At least thats been the case with the threads I've read.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What makes you think this thread would be any different? The point is, if you search the forums for common questions like this, you'll get whatever input is available in these forums... biased or not.... without starting a new repetitive thread and then having to wait for everyone to say the same thing they said before. The OP was asking for opinions on what brand to buy, which is exactly what can be found by reading existing threads.