What's a good (free) web designing application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Winstonp, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

I am trying to edit a website and was wondering if anyone knew of any free web design applications?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

We'll need a lot more detail to know for sure. Do you know HTML? If so, get Smultron or TextWrangler. If not, go with Kompozer or fork out some money for RapidWeaver or DreamWeaver (depending on the level of the site).

jW

4. NSNick macrumors regular

5. kolax macrumors G3

I use Adobe Dreamweaver. Very powerful. Depends how advanced you are with website creation. For me, the two main applications I use for Rapid Web Development are Adobe Dreamweaver (web creation) and Adobe Fireworks (graphics creation).

6. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

one that i have found to be good is nvu very useful its free and has ftp support i would look into it.

7. acxz macrumors regular

NVU hasn't been updated for a long time. KompoZer is the more up to date version.

8. Zaeyde macrumors member

I know very little about web editing, and Nvu makes it very easy for me to edit and upload.

9. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Specifically, It's a basic personal style website with a flash based menu bar on the side. Nothing extraordinarily fancy. I ftp a server which contains the hosted html files, and replace them with updated html files. I want to ease the editing of the webpages, like adding tables, moving and adding pictures, etc..

Is iWeb any good?