Whats a good internet video downloader?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tedsterb, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Tedsterb macrumors member

I haven't found a good one yet... any ideas? I'm trying to download some videos from myspace. Pleaseee help.
    Thanks.

2. Tedsterb thread starter macrumors member

3. steveoc macrumors regular

I just tested Kickyoutube.com. They have a bookmarklet. I know that the mp4 download option works

FF had a plugin called Fast YouTube Downloader that I really liked but recently stopped working with the new YouTube format. Hopefully they'll fix it as it was my favorite.

4. Tedsterb thread starter macrumors member

Yea im actually looking to download something from Myspace not Youtube. Does this work on Myspace?
    Thanks.

5. Hmac macrumors 68020

My preference has been SnapzProX from Ambrosia. It will capture any screen content that appears on your Mac, video or still image. Doesn't matter what the source is - if it plays on your screen, it's easily recorded. It has been very, very useful to me. It saves the files in .mov format, which I can then transcode via Quicktime Pro to a variety of export video formats.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Attached Files:

6. Tedsterb thread starter macrumors member

Yea thats what I've been looking for, Hmac. So it works well? Did you buy the full version? I'll try the free trial for now.
    Thanks.

7. dangeresque49 macrumors newbie

Get The JDownloader

Get the Jdownloader. You just copy the links into it and it finds the videos. Then you add what you want to your download list. It works with a ton of other file sites as well. It is the greatest downloading program ever.

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

I've been using the full version for a couple of years now. It's been a great tool and has never let me down. Great for things like Flash, that have no "save target as".