What's a good midnight snack?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
I'm here at 2 AM writing up a few of my college essays. Just an hour ago, I was napping because I felt tired. Waking up in the middle of the night is the worst time for me to wake up. I'm tired, in pain, and groggy. I needed to stay awake, so I decided to munch on things. Normally I just wash my face and hope I stay awake long enough to finish essays for school (when I woke up in the middle of the night to do my assignments).

At the moment, I'm enjoying some Utz Cheese Curls while I am typing away. :cool: Now I'm wide awake, feeling good, and can actually type!

For those late-night snackers, what do you guys like to munch on?

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Toast two english muffins to the point of burning.

Place a thin layer of butter on top of all four muffin halves.

Thickly coat the four buttered muffin halves with peanut butter.

If you alternate muffin halves with bites from a donut, it's really heaven. :p

The woman says:

"Ramen. That got me through a lot of college all-nighters."

Comment

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i'm gonna cast my vote for either twinkies, or a peanut butter sandwich. imo the best midnight snacks are along those lines--sugary/carby stuff.

Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
Two thick slices of fruit toast, lashings of strawberry conserve and topped with ricotta cheese. Deeee-licious.

Comment

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
applekid said:
For those late-night snackers, what do you guys like to munch on?
I was just expecting to find some cashews, but there were none left. Instead I settled for two pickle spears. Life can sometimes be very cruel at 2:30 a.m.

Comment

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Just got back from 20 chicken wings at the South Loop Club. Mmmmm! Hot and tasty and filling.

Otherwise, ICE CREAM. Lots of ice cream.

Comment

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Deepdale said:
I was just expecting to find some cashews, but there were none left. Instead I settled for two pickle spears. Life can sometimes be very cruel at 2:30 a.m.
Word. My refrigerator basically consists of diet Coke, Kraft singles and pickle spears.

Milk and orange juice, of course, but those beverages don't exactly satisfy the late night cravings. Hence the trip for chicken wings.

Comment

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Peanut butter and honey sandwich....:)

Might go make one now actually.

Comment

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
ketchup chips, eggos/eggo pancakes, cookies :)

I never seem to learn the lesson to not eat food like hamburgers/pizza before bed :(

Comment

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
EricNau said:
...I'm tellen' ya, it needs to be salty.
I hear ya. I finished eating my Cheese Curls about 2 hours ago. Delicious! And I am wide awake still. Normally I'd be down and dead-tired after like 10 minutes of staying awake. :p Now I know what to do when I have to burn that midnight oil. :)

Now how to stay awake all of tomorrow? I'm going to be driving on some dangerous roads tomorrow (just to get some damn fingerprints for my work!), so I'd like to be awake and ready for action. Any suggestions? More salty foods?

Comment

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
applekid said:
I hear ya. I finished eating my Cheese Curls about 2 hours ago. Delicious! And I am wide awake still. Normally I'd be down and dead-tired after like 10 minutes of staying awake. :p Now I know what to do when I have to burn that midnight oil. :)

Now how to stay awake all of tomorrow? I'm going to be driving on some dangerous roads tomorrow (just to get some damn fingerprints for my work!), so I'd like to be awake and ready for action. Any suggestions? More salty foods?
More Salty foods? Na, that'll just give you a heart attack. :(

CAFFEINE!

Comment

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
EricNau said:
More Salty foods? Na, that'll just give you a heart attack. :(

CAFFEINE!
I was hoping there's more to it than caffeine. :eek: Time to hit up the good ol' 20 oz and 1 liter bottles of cola. Can't go wrong with those.

Comment

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
applekid said:
I was hoping there's more to it than caffeine. :eek: Time to hit up the good ol' 20 oz and 1 liter bottles of cola. Can't go wrong with those.
Something that'll keep you awake all day long...A full nights sleep. - oh, sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that. :p

Comment

applekid

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 3, 2003
EricNau said:
Something that'll keep you awake all day long...A full nights sleep. - oh, sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that. :p
I saw that one coming! :D

Comment

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
applekid said:

do you have a place near you that sells bawls? iirc they have 500mg of caffeine per 10oz bottle (4 nodoze pills). i could be wrong about the amount but they sure pack a punch.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.