Whats a good Picture Viewer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pur3h8r3d, Oct 23, 2007.

1. pur3h8r3d macrumors member

pur3h8r3d

Hello. Im pretty new to Mac. I just got a Macbook Pro for my digital photography. When I use to use Windows I would always use their built "Picture and Fax Viewer" for just quick glances at photos and browsing through folders. It didnt always render the images as nice as I would have liked it but for the most part it was very simple for just going through photos. Is there anything for Mac that is simple like that? Just something I can do full screen viewing of images, scroll forward or backward, rotate, and delete pictures. Any help would be great.

2. macjack1 macrumors regular

macjack1

/Applications/Preview

-mj

3. pur3h8r3d thread starter macrumors member

pur3h8r3d

Ok Ive used preview. Am I just missing the forward, back, delete buttons?

4. pur3h8r3d thread starter macrumors member

pur3h8r3d

Found something

Ok I have found a solution to my problem. If anyone else is interested there is a program called "JustLooking" that seems to work great. Thanks anyways

5. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

I'm glad you found a solution.

Since you're using your Mac for digital photography, I'd strongly recommend (if you haven't done it already) that you calibrate your Mac's display via System Preferences>Displays>Colour. By default the Mac screens aren't calibrated so the colours and brightness levels can be completely whack.

6. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

In three more days, you should be able to use something called Quick Look to do what you want ;)

7. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

Just downloaded that a coupel of days ago. Its a very simple and great program! :D

8. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

XEE is another good choice

9. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

10. pur3h8r3d thread starter macrumors member

pur3h8r3d

Xee

Ok guys I tried XEE and it runs faster than JustLooking so I think I will use that. Thank you for all of your help!

11. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

funny the things u miss

hi anyone know of a acdsee replacement? i know i know, but what i liked about that program as well as being a quick pic viewer, it also does batch resizes and renames on folders of pics, as well as side by side compares. i do use aperture 1.5 for my larger projects, but that's bloatware for just doing the simple acdsee things mentioned. thanks!

12. nutts macrumors member

13. 23am macrumors regular

23am

Xee is very nice indeed, I've been using it for about one year I think. :)

14. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

nutts, that's perfect! the only feature i miss now is multiple browser windows for quick drag and drop, but frps is pretty darn close to acdsee function and is much more elegant in :apple: style. thanks!!!

15. haiggy macrumors 65816

As someone mentioned earlier, QuickLook (included with Leopard) will be of great use to you.

Also, why not use the Finder's built-in slideshow option? The only thing is you can't rotate photos... but you can view all of them at a time in a folder or full screen and play/next/previous through them all you want. Select all the files in the folder, right click and go to Slideshow

16. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

even better acdsee replacement! Iview...

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/
    ironic it's now associated with MS. it seems to me this is a nice middle ground between Aperture (which i use) and preview. cheers!