Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
I am looking at getting some 4gb Samsung memory. Whats overpaying? (and im not getting it through apple :p)

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
As long as you're getting your RAM from reputable vendors (Crucial, OWC, Kingston etc.) you'll be fine. Most branded RAM come from the same factory anyway, like LCD screens. So look for Lifetime warranty etc. when making your decision. I bought mine from Crucial, they're pretty good. :)

goose1873

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2008
Erie, PA
figure ~$100 look and compare tigerdirect.com and Newegg. I just upgraded to 4gb of g skill ram from newegg.com for 79.99 shipped. My machine purrs...;). I agree with above post....most branded RAM is fine. Just stick to a good name.

proathlete03

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
Crucial.com

The prices have dropped through the floor - I think you can get 2 of the 2GB chips for around $112. ($56 each) These are the best you can get and Apple actually recommends them - you can ask any of the Genius's that work in the stores and they will agree that Crucial rocks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.