What's a good small printer?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sun surfer, Jul 14, 2010.

1. sun surfer macrumors regular

I'm planning on buying a new Macbook Pro and want to buy a printer to go with it. I know it sounds crazy but I've never had a printer before. I also know you can get a printer "free" basically with the purchase, but I can easily sell that one on craigslist or ebay to get the one that will be best for me.

Here's what I need: my computer desk is very small and I need a physically small printer. I don't want a big old lunk of junk!

I'd rather spend as little as possible, but I'm willing to pay a little more (up to like $150 I guess) for a better one.

I don't know much about tech stuff, so it needs to be one that's easy to hook up with my Macbook Pro and maybe hopefully even work wirelessly.

I prefer it to print colour as well and photos, scan and make copies if possible (not sure if that stuff always comes now). Basically all the normal extras I guess.

Thanks for any help!

2. mangrove macrumors 6502

I use a Canon Pixma iP100. It's portable if you ever need to take it with you on the road. Can't remember what I paid, but on the road I can always find ink cartridges for it.

3. sun surfer thread starter macrumors regular

That one is cool! I didn't know there were portable ones like that.

But...it doesn't have a scanner or copier. Is there any like "all in one" that is small like that? Or what would be a good small one with all those?

4. mangrove macrumors 6502

I was thinking just printer from your thread. Boy you've got me there since about every company I know offers that. Heck why not take the free $100 one that's offered with a new computer purchase. Usually they are just what you want although much larger to me tan "small" and not portable in case you need a printer away from home. Most probably offer wifi too so you can be anywhere in the house and print stuff if the need arises.