Whats a good tv wallmount

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moshiiii, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I'm looking to mount my 32" lcd tv to my bedroom wall. Whats a good affordable wall mount? Im not really comfortable going to wallmart and getting one.

Also how do I know my tv is compatible with it?

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I can't recommend anything, but most TVs use the VESA standards and have a standard pattern. look in your owners manual or possibly on the back of the set.

3. Moshiiii thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I guess mines a vesa 600 x 400 which is hard to get..

4. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

Dont skimp on this one, get the more expensive one that holds more weight. Get a stud finder, and pre-drill your bolt holes. Its a little more money, and a bit more effort, but you will feel a great deal safer once you do all that. I hung a 37 in monitor, and I have complete faith in it holding. Make sure you aren't hanging the mount in metal studs, the screws wont hold properly. Mine was a mount from best buy, it was 169 or 149, it is a tilting mount. Good Luck, and grab a friend to install.

5. ralahamy macrumors newbie

mount screw type

I have samsung 52 lcd. wanted to mount it on a stand. vesa 40*600. But I wanted to know what screw ( i.e length, type etc) I use to mount it. The stand goes from 30" to 50". Any help is appreciated

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You're talking about the screws connecting the wall mount to the TV? Those should be called out in the documentation you got with the stand, or with your TV.

If you're talking about the screws holding the mount to the wall, that's a different matter.