What's a good Windows application to convert videos for the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sofakng, May 21, 2009.

1. sofakng macrumors regular

I've heard that Handbrake is great for converting videos to the iPhone 3G format but the current version has a bug in AAC decoding so it won't work for me.

Are there any other alternatives that are easy to use but produce full quality iPhone videos?

2. ..-. macrumors newbie

I use tablet-encode for ripping DVDs on my Linux server. Because it's command line you can set it and forget it while it's ripping. Apparently it has a Windows version too.

Once the DVD is ripped to AVI, I convert it down to iSize on Windows using 3GP_Converter or more recently Free Ipod Video Converter.

I found 3GP_Converter when stripping down videos for my LifeDrive and then a Nokia Internet Tablet. It worked very well for producing good quality in a small file size. I haven't yet worked out the right parameters to shrink the file for the iPhone to the same size I had for the other two devices. But the results have been pretty good.

HTH,
    Frank

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I use this FREE one from Jodix. Converts quickly and easily and never had a problem. http://www.Jodix.com

Enjoy

4. BNZ1 macrumors regular

5. Merkie macrumors 68020

6. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

7. Krandor macrumors 6502

+1