What's a good wireless (bluetooth) mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Captain Planet, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I'm looking for a bluetooth enabled mouse for my iMac/MBP. I wouldn't want to pay too much... but it seems the cheapest I can find are about $60 CND. I was just wondering if anyone had a good one they could suggest (the price doesn't bother me too much for now).

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Seeing as you have been here over2 years, I am sure you must have seen the "which mouse" threads at least 3 to 4 times a day? just search it, btw i used to like my mighty mouse, now i am getting hand cramps:mad:

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have Logitech V470 that I use as a Bluetooth mouse.

4. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Yeah, I saw that one... so is it a good product? Did you have any problems with it?

5. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

The Logitech V470 is excellent, I love using mine, no problems, worth the $$.

6. H&Kie macrumors regular

Another vote for the V470 here! I sure love mine.

7. JadedBen macrumors regular

I personally rate the V470, i have 2 of them atm, 1 for home and 1 for work, and never have had a problem with either of them, great mice.

Although i'm a PC user, i'm looking at venturing into the Mac world soon (Waiting to see what Sep 9th may bring change wise?) and if the MM doesn't work out for me, i will be investing in a white V470 for that too :D

8. H&Kie macrumors regular

Ergonomically, I like the V470 much more than the Mighty Mouse.
    IMHO the latter feels like moving around a flattened candybar.

9. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well, that's great feedback from all of you! I'm probably going to go with the V470.

10. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I like my Microsoft Bluetooth 5000, personally. I find it pairs better and holds the connection better than my V470 did.

11. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Huh, the v470 is pretty popular. Another satisfied v470 user here.

PS: The Logitech software used to be pretty terrible, and I've never been brave enough to reinstall it, so I'm using my v470 with the default Apple bluetooth drivers, and it works fine as a two button + scroll wheel mouse (though I don't have the scroll wheel button available).

12. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    How's the Logitech for gaming? My gf wants a mouse for playing an MMO (AION). I got her the Mighty Mouse, but don't think she's that fond of it. Too fiddly perhaps.

13. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Works just fine for FPS games, so I'm sure MMO games will be fine. (The Mighty Mouse is unusable for FPS games, as you can't "left click while holding right click", etc.).

14. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I tried a lot of bluetooth mice but never found one I was really happy with. I finally switched to a RF mouse (logitech vx revolution), and it's pretty much perfect. I understand the appeal of not having a dongle, but having 8 customizable buttons more than makes up for that, IMO. (also don't have BT issues like losing the pairing)

15. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I was also looking at the Microsoft 5000... it's the same price as the v470. They look about the same, really.

16. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I personally like the feel of the microsoft 5000 better...it's a little smaller and shallower, which fits my smaller hands better.

Plus it is less plain looking than the v470, bleh.

17. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

I have found "Good Bluetooth" to be an oxymoron. That's just me though.

18. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

for the amount of time I am sitting at my desk with my MB, I feel that the MM does a fine job. its there when I need it, simple and easy to use - not to mention the fact that it compliments most any mac.

I have found used ones for ~ $25

19. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

20. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

Love my mighty mouse! I got it off of Fleabay for $40.

21. sagew macrumors member

Microsoft Mouse 5000

I have a Mac Mini that I use for HTPC setup. I bought a Microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse and I was having to re-pair the unit all the time. Every time having to dig up a wired mouse to plug in and do it.

After many frustrating days I returned the MS mouse and picked up a mighty mouse. Haven't had to pair it yet and it works flawlessly. The reliability of the MM has made it well worth the extra $ and inferior (debatable) ergonomics.

I wouldn't go with anything else but the MM unless you're willing to pair the unit all the time (not as big a deal with a laptop)

22. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Well, personally, I am getting tired of my Mighty Mouse... which is why I want to buy a new one. My wheel never works well and I prefer having to "click" left or right. Plus, mine isn't wireless, so I want to get rid of the wire as well.

23. HBOC macrumors 68020

i have the MS 5000 BT mouse. I like it, it kinda eats batteries, BUT I was leaving my mouse on all the time. Now if I am away for period of time, I turn it off. And i get an 8pk of AAA batteries from the dollar store for a dollar ;)

24. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

25. Captain Planet thread starter macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Nice, this one looks awesome! But I looked for the same product on the Canadian page, and it's not there... :(

I'll probably wait a while... I don't absolutely need a mouse right away. If it just recently came out, it should become available here too soon enough.