whats a good wireless router??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jesusplay, Jan 6, 2008.

1. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

ok i own a iMac 24'.

i need a wireless router so i can get the net to it.

if i were to get it i would be in the room next to me with one wall in between my imac and the router.

it will be 10-15 feet away from each other.

whats a good router? i need to get atleast 20 Mbps because my internet speed is 15 Mbps.

i need a router that will stay connected and not drop the singal. nothing over a hundered:p

2. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

i personally like d-link i think there routers are pretty good, i had a belkin but it died on me and i went back to the d-link and it's running strong. I have it hooked up in the first room in my house and i can use my laptop without problems all the way in my backyard.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

This one looks pretty good. Not sure when it will be available.

4. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I use a D-link as well..

Dlink-624 to be exact.

it only cost me 100 bucks, but that was like 3 years ago so imagine it's mcuh cheaper now. The router has lasted 3 years, (and is still running) it's never given me much problems.

Biggest issue i had with it at first, was the Software on the router. When i was trying to portforward a port to make it so i could use webcam on iChat. It took me a LONG time to figure out how to properly portforward on this router. So in other words thats not very easy to do.

Overal i would recommend D-link like this person did.

I hear Linksys is good too, I've never personally used one but i've heard good stories.

5. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

yup mine has lasted about as long, i had a linksys and i didn't like it at all just my 2 cents though.

6. jesusplay thread starter macrumors 6502a

hey thats sexy :p