Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
and what the hell is it doing in my RAM slot? That is the 512 stick Apple shipped in my computer.

Installed a Crucial 512 stick via newegg and had kernel panics and had to remove it.

Now what?

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Hynix is a company that makes RAM. Google it, it's not that hard.

Here's a link for you though.

What is it doing in your RAM slot? You ordered a 512MB stick of RAM from Apple, and that is what they gave you. What's the concern? Other people have reported getting Hynix RAM, too. And, you should be happy about it too, as people have reported success in getting a 128 bit bus when pairing a Crucial chip with their Hynix chip. Unlike what I got when pairing a Crucial/Micron chip with the Micron chip I got from Apple. Go figure... :(

Also, why the double post?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Elan0204 said:
Hynix is a company that makes RAM. Google it, it's not that hard.

Here's a link for you though.

What is it doing in your RAM slot? You ordered a 512MB stick of RAM from Apple, and that is what they gave you. What's the concern? Other people have reported getting Hynix RAM, too. And, you should be happy about it too, as people have reported success in getting a 128 bit bus when pairing a Crucial chip with their Hynix chip. Unlike what I got when pairing a Crucial/Micron chip with the Micron chip I got from Apple. Go figure... :(

Also, why the double post?

Didn't think this post went through. Experienced kernel panic when sending it.

(mods, feel free to delete)

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
rdowns said:
Didn't think this post went through. Experienced kernel panic when sending it.

(mods, feel free to delete)

Better go post my above post in that thread too then. In case others also wonder what Hynix is afer this thread is gone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.