What's a water damaged 4 worth?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drew2675, Aug 27, 2010.

1. drew2675 macrumors newbie

Any ideas?

I got pushed into a lake with it in my pocket. Sent it off to Apple, and they said it would cost me more to fix this one than it would to buy a new one due to a lack of parts. Sounds like crap to me but I'm the one still without a phone.

Thanks,
    Drew

2. tizzl10 macrumors regular

tizzl10

well that sucks. Is the person that pushed you in the lake still in the hospital or did they release him?

3. drew2675 thread starter macrumors newbie

The thought crossed my mind, but there isn't a cure for stupidity. No matter how hard you beat 'em. :)

4. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Simple answer.

You give whoever pushed you into the lake the water damaged phone and make them get you a new one.

Unless this was a 6 year old child that pushed you its complete non sense. The very least the other person should do is give you half the money towards your other phone.

5. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

+1!!!!!

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't understand what Apple told you. They don't repair water damaged phones. They charge you $199, keep your damaged iPhone and give you a replacement iPhone. It's unlikely that you qualify to buy another new iPhone 4 from your carrier for $199.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they will replace it for $199.
    Just bring it to apple.

8. drew2675 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.

I took the phone to an Apple Signature Store. It wasn't a "Mac Store". So I will definitely be taking it there.

Thanks again.