What's a webpage that takes a while to load?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by soccersquirt82, Sep 13, 2008.

1. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

I'm trying to figure out which browser is better: Safari or Opera. Opera does better on the Acid3 test, but I want to see which loads webpages faster. I would like to have a webpage that takes a long time to load, like was done in one of Steve Jobs' Keynotes. Anyone know of one? Also, does anyone know when Google Chrome will be out for Mac?

2. MCRunning macrumors 6502

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

That one loaded really fast for me.

Try a ridiculously overloaded MySpace page. :rolleyes:

4. soccersquirt82 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmmm . . . i cant find a myspace page and the spanish website loaded fast for me. and no, i cant make google chrome myself, but nice try :D. any other suggestions?

5. troyhark macrumors member

I find Opera waaaaay faster in use, simply as the programme is so much better designed. The actual initial page load time is actually a minor part of the browser experience. Even FF which simply copies all Opera's clever ideas is clumsy in use by comparison.
    Though to get the best out of Opera, learn how it works and tweak the very customisable interface to suit yourself. As Opera does so many things that other browsers don't do, most people never even think to look for them.
    Even little things like using the z+x keys to go back and fore and 1+2 to go betwen tabs are sorely missed when using browsers other than Opera. Plus when you go back, Opera goes back to where you were on page not just top of page and doesn't reload it either. Big time savers.