What's Allowed?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by DisneyRicky, Jun 5, 2010.

1. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

I've been on lots of forums that ban for linking to other sites and talking about jailbreak. Are we allowed to talk about Jailbreak of iPhones, iPods, or iPads on this site? Also, are we allowed to link to other sites? Not as advertising, but to help someone with a problem. Also, I hope the talk of piracy IS blocked...is it?

Thanks from the newbie! :)

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There is a hacks section for both the iPod touch and the iPhone for what your after as for posting links etc I'm pretty sure it's not allowed.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Read the RULES and FAQ.

As there is a Jailbreaking forum here, talk seems to be allowed. Linking to other sites is permitted, unless they violate the RULES.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. DisneyRicky thread starter macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

6. DisneyRicky thread starter macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

Didn't want to start a new thread for this...but how many posts do you need for an avatar?

7. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Talk of piracy (or at least exchanging experience and advising others) would certainly breach the rules.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the FAQ

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How do I set my avatar?

Avatars are small images that display alongside a user's name. This is a feature that is reserved for established users on the MacRumors Forums. We require a 500 post minimum (user title 6502a or higher) before you are given the opportunity to upload your own custom avatar. A few users were given avatar privileges before this milestone because they won a forum contest.

Once you reach 500 posts you may not immediately be able to upload an avatar. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 500 posts.

from that faqing FAQ I linked to earlier.

Also MRoogle is a good tool to search this board.