What's best for running Window games on a Mac??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by anti-microsoft, Nov 4, 2007.

1. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare or Crossover (or what ever that last thing is called I can't remeber)????

I would guess bootcamp but I may be wrong...

Suggestions?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. vm7118 macrumors regular

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

Yup...just downloaded the Quake Wars ET demo and running it on my BootCamp partition. Even at 1344 x1280 it just flies on my 30" ACD

5. cube macrumors G5

6. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

Look, before I had a Mac (that was more than a year ago), I had quite a good games library that I could play on the PC. Now I'm going to buy Leopard, and because it has integrated boot camp, and you don't have to mess arround with drivers, I'm going to install those games.

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

FYI, Boot Camp 2.0 in Leopard operates identically to the beta. The only difference is that Boot Camp Assistant.app doesn't let you burn a driver disc — you have to use the Leopard DVD while in Windows to install the drivers.

This same question has been asked many, many, many, many times already :( but yeah the only good way to run games is a native Windows install with Boot Camp.

8. anti-microsoft thread starter macrumors 68000

oh, I thought you just installed windows ad the drivers were downloaded on to the partion.
    oh well!