What's best way to follow news on iPhone?

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
I generally read news from 50-75 various sources for all of the subjects I have interest in. I cannot figure out what the best solution is for me for this on my iPhone.

Is various RSS or Twitter a better solution for getting everything in one place and not missing anything on the go?

Thank you!

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2015
Rio Grande Valley in South Texas
I generally read news from 50-75 various sources for all of the subjects I have interest in. I cannot figure out what the best solution is for me for this on my iPhone.

Is various RSS or Twitter a better solution for getting everything in one place and not missing anything on the go?

Thank you!
Have you seen the upcoming News app in iOS 9? Sounds exactly like what you need.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Have you seen the upcoming News app in iOS 9? Sounds exactly like what you need.
Yes I have seen it, just was not sure how viable it would be or if everything I follow would be on it. A lot of people tell me to follow my news on Twitter.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I use the Feedly app right now, may switch to the News app when I can. Feedly can be accessed via Safari and there is a nice iOS client available in the App Store.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Right now you can download apps such as CNN, NY Times, Fox...etc. With the launch of iOS 9's news app, all your news can be found in one place for easy access

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
There are several good news apps, but I seem to spend most of my time on the CNN app. It just seems to be the easiest one for me to navigate by category.

RobAus

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Everywhere
+1 for flipboard, my go to, you can focus on specific content/sites, or go broad with 'cover stories'. I used to have another app that said it adapted to what you liked, it was pretty good but in the end I just kept flipboard as it was enough.. Can't remember the name of the other one

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Newsify (as a front end for Feedly) and Twitterific here.

I've tried Flipboard several times and just haven't ever found it compelling enough to stick with, though I'll probably try it again soon because everyone else seems to love it. Meanwhile, I set Newsify up to give me a straightforward list of stories rather than the magazine style layout that is its default. I just work my way down the list, marking as read what isn't relevant, reading quick pieces immediately, leaving longer pieces for later or sending them over to Pocket to store there if they aren't time sensitive.

Working from a list rather than the graphical layout seems to help me speed processing through articles with less wasted time, and that allows me to add more feeds.

Whtchdr

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2013
Brief Me and Buzzfeed News do a great job of summarizing the daily news. Love the presentation and formatting. A great way to catch up on the latest developments quickly.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I know that I'm the second person to say this, but the News app in iOS 9 seems like what you need. It may not have what you want, but it sounds great. You can be specific with what you follow, and it adapts to your interests over time. In the interim, try Flipboard if you haven't already.
Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.