Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jchudgins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
I'm looking for a better calendar app. I loved the Palm calendar, and wish iCal was more intuitive.

Does anyone know of a better calendar app??

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Pocket Informant's great. Fast, easy navigation, timebars, and todos added into the calendar database. It's still a fairly new app, and calendar programs are complex processes that simply take time to streamline, but the developers have an excellent track record on other platforms, and they've continually updated this app to add in new features and streamline it. That being said, there will be slightly slower processing speeds for some of the editting and syncing processes till the developer locates and fixes the bug or endless loop. I've personally found it to be awesome though, it's fast enough for my needs (aside from a version ago when deleting a recurring appointment took at times twenty seconds to process, it now just takes a few seconds). Don't mind the icon, I think it's ugly, but there's a new and professionally made icon that looks great coming in the next update (probably two weeks later).

The other app that I used before Pocket Informant came out was Saisuke. It's had time to have processes streamlined, and it's copy and paste of events is VERY efficient.

I prefer Pocket Informant though cause it has timebars, and I can see events and todos all within the same app (I don't have a lot of todos, so I didn't open up my Todo app often, and missed doing a couple important things).

Pocket Informant and Saisuke both sync to Google calendars, and you can set up the iPhone calendar app to sync with the same Google calendars. The inbuilt calendar is great for notifying you of upcoming events, something no app can do yet while the app is not open (Pocket Informant will have push notifications coming in an update due sometime this summer).

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
I used Pocket Informant for years on Windows Mobile. When I got my 3GS I took one look at the calendar and decided to buy PI for the iPhone. The month view is so much more useful, showing coloured bars on each day and the list view is great too. WebIS are a great developer too, providing excellent support for their software.

littlewaywelt

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
I'm looking for a better calendar app. I loved the Palm calendar, and wish iCal was more intuitive.

Does anyone know of a better calendar app??

iCal is about as simple and intuitive a calendar as you'll find. If you want something powerful, WEB IS's PocketInformant is very hard to beat. I use it on my WM phone and love it. The iPhone version, unfortunately, can only sync to Google Calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.