whats difference between british and international apple keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bob2131, Sep 21, 2008.

1. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

would there be much difference between a british and international apple qwerty keyboard?

im gonna buy a wired keyboard. and noticed theres the above 2 versions to choose from.

thanks.

2. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

also is there a backlight behind the qwerty keys? so you can see the keys in the dark....like the new macbook pros .

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

That would be cool, but no. And the backlight on the MacBook Pro/PowerBook isn't exactly new, it has been around since 2003 or so.

4. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

is the back light in the macbook pro ALWAYS on? or can you put it on as and when?

does the external keyboard come with its own software utility?? to programme key settings?

can i use macbook keyboard for leopard related keys, eg, spotlight, expose, spaces..........but then use the external keyboard for application specific shortcuts, ie pro tools.....cause pro tools wants those same keys for itself, that leopard features use.......

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

There are options in your System preferences relating to the MacBook Pro's backlighting, including the ability to completely turn it off. You can also set it to turn off if your keyboard is untouched for a specified period of time.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

And in addition you can set it to come on and off depending on ambience lighting.

7. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats really cool. in bed at night i cant see the keys(regular macbook) and its annoying as hell as i have to push the screen forward to shed some light on the keys and then back and forth....i can touch type prose, but you need to see the keys for other operations.

im gonna use pro tools alot with external keyboard.
    pro tools shortcuts require you to turn off expose, spotlisht, et cetc.

could i use the macbook for leopard things such as above.
    but then set up my external apple keyb. for pro tools shortcuts??
    does the apple keyb. come with software for managing settings of the keyboard?

can macbook use one set of settings, for shortcuts, and the external one use a diff set????

or will the external keyb. and the macbook keyb. mimick each other as close as possible....with only the extra buttons on the external. really being able to do other things.....?

basically pro tools shortcuts using requires changing spotlight, expose, spaces....etc etc. ..
    so i would like use macbook for these cool features.....but the external for full on pro tools usage.

thanks.