What's eating battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Dec 4, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I have 3209 mobilesubstrate (the good one), bitesms 5, fast snap, 5 icon backgrounder, folderenhancer, notifier+, switcherplus, sbsettings, syncronicity, wifisync, yourtube2, and ultrasn0w (1.2 upgraded from 1.1.-1 on 1.59.00 baseband/4.1 firmware). iPhone 4.

And I'm not talking about usage, just during idle.

I used to only really have ultrasn0w installed (1.1-1) and it didnt eat battery at all. If i went to bed with the percentage, I'd wake up with that too.

Not the case here.

Help?

2. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

tried uninstalling apps, still not sure what the problem is. thoughts?

3. Kayan macrumors 6502

I don't have all of those apps so I don't have personal experience about which of those can affect battery, however, recently, I have started going into my Multitasking bar after I use Cydia and I manually close it. I know it doesn't run in the background like other apps, but recently I was getting some horrible battery drainage, and I started closing Cydia, ever since then I've had great battery...charge my phone every 3-4 days.

4. Fijiman1 macrumors newbie

Most battery issues are are due internal settings like push notifications ,3G usage,Bluetooth....even when not in use, your iPhone is making constant data requests. If you have a jailbroken iPhone, apps in Cydia like Auto3G are designed to help sort this problem.. :)

5. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

With 4.1 I would loose about 2 or 3 percent overnight. Now with 4.2.1 I loose 10 - 15 percent overnight.

Not sure what my problem is either.

6. Junkboxy macrumors member

For the first phase of 4.1 on my 3G, I had multitasking enabled. And I had bad battery drainage.
    For my second phase, I used zToggle to disable multitasking. And there was no difference, I still had bad battery drainage.

(Mind you, 3G, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi were all turned off for these evaluations.)

Now for third phase, I am going to - inspired by Fijiman1's comment - toggle off the Data toggle in SBSettings as well. So that means that 3G, Bluetooth, Data, Wi-Fi and Multitasking will all be off. The only processes running will be "Mail" and "Phone." If this doesn't yield any improvement, then phase four will have to be a re-pwn, probably on 4.2 I assume.

7. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Is the phone hacktivated?