Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexiFortuni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Hi i really hate for this to be my first post, but i have a big question that i would like to hear from everyone on what they feel.

i have an unlocked 1.1.2 tmobile iphone 8g

and i have the Tzones 5.99 plan
now this is rreeaalllyy slow on my phone i was wondering if anyone has had both the Tzones and total internet plan and how much faster the Total internet plan is than the Tzones plan.

Thanks
Fortuni

Neobond

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Minneapolis
Hi i really hate for this to be my first post, but i have a big question that i would like to hear from everyone on what they feel.

i have an unlocked 1.1.2 tmobile iphone 8g

and i have the Tzones 5.99 plan
now this is rreeaalllyy slow on my phone i was wondering if anyone has had both the Tzones and total internet plan and how much faster the Total internet plan is than the Tzones plan.

Thanks
Fortuni

This question has been discussed many times here, and from what I have experienced and from what I have read I have found the following:

Most people have very different results with the 5.99 and 19.99 plan.
-- Some people get the same speeds, some get faster speeds on 19.99 plan, verses 5.99.

I have used both, and I get about double the speed on the 19.99 plan.
-- 90 kbps for 5.99
-- 180 kbps for 19.99, but the 19.99 plan feels much faster.

Also I have dropped as low as 100 kbps on the 19.99 plan. It depends on where I am, and what my signal strength is.

It's up to you, how much speed you need, and what works in your area.

flashgj

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
I read a document by T-Mobile comparing T-Zones to Total Internet a while ago (I tried to find it, but couldn't) that stated that the speeds are not that much different between the two, but the "latency" on T-Zones can be very slow. This is why most people notice a big difference between the two options. So you need to ignore the speed comparisons that people post, they need to be looking at the difference in latency when they do there speed checks.

For myself, T-Zones was not even usable it was so slow, but after switching to the Total Internet Plan, Edge is now very usable. I can even access YouTube under Edge without getting frustrated.

AlexiFortuni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Many thanks to both of you who replied to my post.

i read alot of different posts from different sites but just wanted someone to tell me if there was a big enough difference to change to total internet, which i can see now that there is.

Again thanks
Fortuni

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.