What's going on here?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thisisalex90, Aug 14, 2009.

1. thisisalex90 macrumors newbie

I live in NC and purchased a new 17' mbp on sunday with a matte screen which I figured out makes it a CTO and adds days to my order. I also paid extra for 2-3 day shipping to ensure it would arrive on or before the 18th as the latest possible day as thats the day i'm leaving for college. It said the mbp would ship in 1-3 business days so I thought that having it ship on wednesday and arriving thursday/today would be great. However, on wednesday night my order status was still in "Not yet shipped". I called apple up and the lady there said she can bump be up to overnight shipping to unsure it would arrive no later than today(friday). Yesterday, my order status finally got upgraded to "Ready for shipping" or whatever it says when its ready but never got shipped. This morning I wake up to find out it's JUST shipped from China. AWESOME!! the day I was GUARANTEED to get it and better yet I see the infamous "Package received after FedEx cutoff" on my FedEx tracking page. The tracking page now says that my expected delivery date is the 19th. Man I JUST love FedEx and apple right now. I pay extra and i'm going to have to have it shipped to me at school. Any ideas on what I can do to get this going?

2. pnyc macrumors 6502

Call them again and complain. I think that's the only way you might get something done here.

3. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

^^ i agree....you obviously got screwed in the situation; complain!!!

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

you get 2-3 day shipping AFTER it hits the US call apple they will give you the shipping back

5. thisisalex90 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i just got off the phone with apple customer support and they said that since its in transit they can not do anything...lovely

6. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

shouldnt you get your money back? like as in the extra you paid to get it sooner.

7. brentsg macrumors 68040

They should do something to compensate for the inconvenience.

8. impilot macrumors newbie

You never know

Just wanted to comment the same think happened to me...but even though FEDEX said it would be a few days, it ended up showing up on time. I understand your frustration, but there is still hope!