What's going on, Sony?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Tokiopop, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I have to say I'm disappointed.

After many hundreds of hours of use. Probably weeks and weeks of use. My Sixaxis died!

But that's not what my problem is. No. My problem is the RIDICULOUS price they're charging (£40) for the Dualshock 3. You know, the one the PS3 should have come with? And it doesn't even come with a god damn USB cable. I don't have any long cables like the PS3 came with, so I can only charge one at a time. For £40 I expect at least more than just the controller. Normally with Sony you'd get that. Their headset came with a dock and cable, which is more than I'd expect.

I know it's not a big deal, but I was hoping for the price I'd at least get a cable. The PS3 is right on my desk next to my computers, so I'd normally have it plugged in with a cable.

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's cheaper than buying a Wii Mote and Nunchuck, its no more expensive than any other controller. I'm not sure why you are complaining, I see no issue with their pricing. I have 2 DS3 controllers I imported from Japan, I actually paid a bit less than the US versions after conversion.

As for a cable.. you do realize that any standard mini usb to usb cable will work right? You can also charge it from any USB source that has enough power to charge it. I use the USB cable that came with my Harmony remote, and i almost always charge from my PC. All PS3 accessories that have a rechargable battery can be chargd using any standard USB cable and charged on anything that can provide enough power over its USB ports. That is something that no other system can say, so again... not too sure why you are complaining..

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A Wii controller+nunchuck is £38 here (Amazon). But even so that's a lot for a controller, whereas a wired 360 controller can be bought for £14 :p. Guess tilt sensors+bluetooth throw the cost up hella lots.

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

$54 for Wiimote and Nunchuck
    $49 for PS3 DS3
    $43 for wireless 360 controller (using the wired one is not a fair comparison)

I used Amazon :p

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

To be technical, the Nunchuck is an accessory -- even if most games require it -- it's not part of the controller, so if you can combine the game controller with one accessory, I can toooooooo. :)

Wiiimote: $39
    - with Nunchuck accessory: $51.99(@ Costco, Amazon, etc..)

PS3 DS3: $49.99
    - with PS3 Wireless keypad accessory: $95.84

360 Black gamepad: $39.99
    with 360 Play & Charge accessory: $57.98

Check out these prices... O.O
    360 Pink gamepad: $66.99
    with 360 Play & Charge accessory: $84.98

360 Halo Spartan gamepad: $74.99
    with 360 Play & Charge accessory: $92.98

Blah!

6. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Yeah, I know. I just don't have any longish USB cables, so I'm going to have to go buy one. Or just charge one controller at a time.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh and "what's going on, Sony"?

LBP PSP is taking too long that's what!