What's going on?

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
I'm winding down after a frenetic day, I've got 'Beaucoup Fish' soundtracking a 4 pack of Strongbow, you know... just chillin' :)

Yet everytime I open a can I get drenched, for the 3rd can in a row now I look like I've pissed myself, honestly... you would've thought that after the 1st drenching I might have been a bit more careful, and that the 2nd time would've really have galvanised it... but no, not me... :rolleyes: I feel like the centre of attention in a bukkake movie.

And I hate wasting the golden stuff, if I hadn't have worn my combats for 2 days straight now, I'd be sucking on them such is the sacrilegiousness of the situation.

So yeah... what's going on in the world when 3 cans of the good stuff decide to drench you? :(

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Don't they also make cider in large plastic bottles?
Simply perfect for that day or night out on the town. :D

You'd also meet some interesting people who wouldn't care about the state of your combats.

L

Lau

Perhaps you have a particularly jaunty walk, therefore shaking them up on the way back from the offy?

Jaffa Cake said:
Personally, I can't wait to hear what happens when you open the fourth can... :D
Me neither - keep us posted. Possibly with pics/video? :D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Lau said:
Perhaps you have a particularly jaunty walk, therefore shaking them up on the way back from the offy?
If I could walk that way...:D

I imagine being splashed with cider is a great deal more fun than anything involving bukkake, but that's just my personal opinion. ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Lord Blackadder said:

I imagine being splashed with cider is a great deal more fun than anything involving bukkake, but that's just my personal opinion. ;)
Its not just yours - I just recently found out what bukkake was (thanks to someone posting a reference/link here that has been since removed - bleh) and I think I'll pass on it in the future.

So the question now is obviously what happened with the 4th one....

D

L

Lau

Lord Blackadder said:

I meant the cans! <shocked> :p

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
iGav said:
... but no, not me... :rolleyes: I feel like the centre of attention in a bukkake movie.
:(
You bastard! You made me snort diet coke through my nostrils! That is some serioulsy funny S***. I have not laughed that hard in days... thanks!

Seriuosly... sometimes, cans (and occassionally bottles) go through a very strange physical change when I pull them from the fridge... a can of beer that has been sitting placidly in the fridge for hours will spray me like a geyser when I open it. Crazy! I then have to clean up my little kitchen immediately, as I love a clean kitchen. They sell Guiness in a can here, with some elaborate CO2 system with a ball inside it. It works well, but when it decides to spray ya... oh, the horror: wasted Guiness everywhere... I stopped drinking it here back home: drinking Guiness on Dame Street in Dublin, literally down the Quay where it is made, it just does not compare to the Guiness here. Someone told me that Guiness sold in America is actually brewed in China; is this correct? I know that the alcohol level is lower here... and how can tiny Ireland possibly produce all the Guiness that Americans chug down?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Can #1: *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #2: Well, I'm sure whatever happened the first time was a fluke. *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #3: Well, my pants are already soaked, and besides I can't have 3 out of 4 cans causing problems. *fshhhhht* Goddammit!

Can #4: There's no way in hell it can happen 4 times, no matter how jaunty my walk was. *fshhhhht* Goddammit! Hmmm, maybe two days isn't quite so bad. Besides, this stuff will kill bacteria, right? Hate to waste it. *zzzzip* *mmmph*

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Blue Velvet said:
Oh, you should try Nigerian Guinness. Mm-mmm...
You can occasionally find it in some small shops in London.

Nigerian Guinness
7.5% ABV - right on!

I'll try anything once when it comes to beer, bring on the Nigerian stuff.

Nigerian sales of Guinness are reportedly only 50% of what they were two decades ago, but still account for an impressive 5.5 million hectolitres of beer.
LOL, that certainly sounds like a lot.

Mr. Anderson said:
Its not just yours - I just recently found out what bukkake was (thanks to someone posting a reference/link here that has been since removed - bleh) and I think I'll pass on it in the future.
Hee hee, yeah. I used to hang out with a girl whos last name rhymed with bukkake, and we used to call her that when we got drunk. It was really funny after she looked up what it meant. :D :rolleyes:

Ahh, good times.....

L

Lau

Hmmm, iGav, as it is at least 55 minutes since you opened the 3rd can, you are either a big girl, or you have opened the 4th can AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD/SHOWED US WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU DID!

;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Lau said:
Hmmm, iGav, as it is at least 55 minutes since you opened the 3rd can, you are either a big girl, or you have opened the 4th can AND YOU HAVEN'T TOLD/SHOWED US WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU DID!

;)
The 4th can exploded on his Mac.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Blue Velvet said:
Oh, you should try Nigerian Guinness. Mm-mmm...
You can occasionally find it in some small shops in London.

Nigerian Guinness
I've heard of Nigerian Guiness. Never tried it. Apparently, it is not brewed with Barley :eek:

Wonder what they use instead...

BTW, I miss London terribly. Who can talk their employer into issuing me a work Visa? Come on! I'll buy you Guiness!

edit: got it. Sorghum, maize. Interesting!

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Lau said:
you mean just like Shaft... :D yojiveassmutha' :D

Balin64 said:
Seriuosly... sometimes, cans (and occassionally bottles) go through a very strange physical change when I pull them from the fridge... a can of beer that has been sitting placidly in the fridge for hours will spray me like a geyser when I open it. Crazy!
*strokes chin* interesting, I actually bought the Strongbow last Thursday... hmmmmm. Raising the stakes... I have a '95 vintage can of Strongbow, with an expiry date of 28/04/96... :eek: I wonder what damage it could do when unleashed? :D

Lord Blackadder said:
I imagine being splashed with cider is a great deal more fun than anything involving bukkake, but that's just my personal opinion.
Let's just hope the stains ain't as hard to shift 'eh??? heheheh.

Anyway, sorry folks, a bottle of wine got in the way... :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iGav said:
Anyway, sorry folks, a bottle of wine got in the way... :D
"got in the way" as in "drank it instead of opening the 4th can"??

If not, we're all sitting here wondering about that 4th can.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
The f**kin' the 4th can did exactly the same pardon my french. :rolleyes: not on me though this time. ;)

I see a pattern emerging... I bet the 5th will as well. :eek: :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Jaffa Cake said:
I'm with Lau on this one – you need to get a webcam set up for when you open that baby. :D
I'm not sure if I should you know... it's corroding the can :eek: I sh*t you not. :eek:

Flenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Balin64 said:
You bastard! You made me snort diet coke through my nostrils! That is some serioulsy funny S***. I have not laughed that hard in days... thanks!
Hey... I heard about snorting coke, but DIET coke...! that's just ridiculous :D

Flenz

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Balin64 said:
I stopped drinking it here back home: drinking Guiness on Dame Street in Dublin, literally down the Quay where it is made, it just does not compare to the Guiness here.
The Guinness where you are tastes better than the Guinness from Dublin? :eek: I'm confused ... I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before in my life! The Guinness in Dublin Tastes 10X better than anywhere else I've tasted it!