Whats going to be new in iLife 07?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by x Shadow Dragon, Jun 4, 2007.

1. x Shadow Dragon macrumors regular

Title says it all, i know u probably don't positively but what do you think the new things will be?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems like Apple isn't releasing this until Leopard so I say they will lose the 07 part of the name. It will be 08 only 90 days after an October release.

3. x Shadow Dragon thread starter macrumors regular

ok so whats going to be in iLife 08 :)

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

LOL.... I was wondering the same thing.

5. sigamy macrumors 65816

Most people in the know say that iLife is going to be closly tied to Leopard. All we really know that is new in 10.5 is Core Animation. This could lead to interesting new features--and possibly new UI--in iLife.

Here is my wish list for the next iLife.

iMovie:
    I've been hoping for a while now that Apple would include more effects plugins in iMovie. The affordable third-party plugin development has come to an end as it seems that developers got tired of Apple chaning iMovie with each release. GeeThree is the only real one left.

I would love for Apple to create some effects packs, similar to the GarageBand sound packs. I want the ability to create light sabers, explosions and other fun effects directly in iMovie. (Again, I know about Virtrix, I own it but it is not 100% stable with new versions of iMovie).

Some version of surround sound support in iMovie/iDVD. It is crazy that we still don't have at least 5.1 sound in 2007. Pinnacle Studio for Windows has had this for a few years now.

More iMovie themes, and more customization for themes. Basically a blending of themes and titles so that we can all become motion graphics pros with just a few clicks.

Additional video and audio tracks. I know that iMovie is a consumer app. But it has HD support but doesn't have mulitple video tracks. Doesn't make sense.

Add some GarageBand or Soundtrack plugins to allow for fixing bad audio.

iWeb:
    I'm no iWeb expert, but it needs help. I can't seem to export just one site. Adding a new podcast entry and then publishing causes the entire site to publish, not just the new items. We need better navigation menu's for iWeb sites. Apple should be bringing in some eye candy in the way of cool AJAX stuff. Do for Web development what they did for desktop publishing and movie making.

iPhoto:
    Speed, stability, calendars and nested folders were my big requests in the past. Apple delivered on these. iPhoto is a great app for my use. We have two kids and a digital SLR. We have 11,000 pictures from 2001 to present. iPhoto works great. I hope Apple keeps improving the speed an doesn't take a step backwards by adding too much bloat. iPhoto is great for what it does, it shouldn't try to be Photoshop or Aperture.

iDVD: hmm...isn't the disk dead? Seems all we get out of iDVD is more themes. Disk Image is a great feature. I want to see some real speed improvements. I now have a Core 2 Duo. MPEG2 encoding is mature now, this stuff should fly.

I wonder how much life is left in iDVD? Most people never really burn DVDs. Those that do burn family movies have probably already moved on to H.264 for pushing content to Apple TV and web. But, I still need to create DVDs for the grandparents so any nice new themes and more speed would be good.

I would also like to see interactive QuickTime creation from iDVD. You follow the same process, create your content, add menus and themes but instead of MPEG2 on a DVD the end result is an interactive QuickTime in H.264. That would rock.

That's all for now. Can't wait to see the new iLife and 10.5.