Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I'm sure Apple had tens of thousands of iphones X in stock before Friday. What will they do with them? Sell them on Groupon?

blacksurfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
They (Apple) are still selling them for £100 off. You can walk into the Apple Store and ask for them - they are still on display too.

Thanks...I didn't them online for sale. I like the smaller screen.

AgentAnonymous

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2016
Truthfully if anyone is thinking about getting an XS I would just go ahead and get an X. Same phone
The XS is literally superior in every way. Even if Apple were still selling the X, say for 899, it wouldn't be worth it because you would be getting less value. The X is probably only worth it if you can get it for 700 or less, but as of now no reason to ever buy one while the XS exists at the same price-point.

Reactions: Cape Dave

treyhunnid

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
The XS is literally superior in every way. Even if Apple were still selling the X, say for 899, it wouldn't be worth it because you would be getting less value. The X is probably only worth it if you can get it for 700 or less, but as of now no reason to ever buy one while the XS exists at the same price-point.
Facts. People are trying they hardest to **** on the new features the XS has over the X.

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Pardon my ignorance but when you go to Apple’s page and compare both the X and XS you’re looking at the same identical phone. I’m what ways is the XS vastly superior than the X? 30 mins of additional battery life?

Reactions: Geert76

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Pardon my ignorance but when you go to Apple’s page and compare both the X and XS you’re looking at the same identical phone. I’m what ways is the XS vastly superior than the X? 30 mins of additional battery life?
Big camera improvements for example. Brand new larger sensor, and much more powerful SoC, with new software features. That alone is worth US$100 IMO.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Truthfully if anyone is thinking about getting an XS I would just go ahead and get an X. Same phone
LOL.
"It's the same phone because it looks the same" joke again. So funny.
[doublepost=1537233281][/doublepost]
They (Apple) are still selling them for £100 off. You can walk into the Apple Store and ask for them - they are still on display too.
Imo it's not worth it since the XR, which has better hardware minus the OLED screen, is cheaper.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Are you serious. I don’t really think you be so dense, but I will humor you...

1. Faster CPU
2. Faster GPU
3. Way faster neural engine
4. Faster Secure Enclave
5. Faster LTE performance
6. Better cameras
7. Better water resistance
8. Louder speakers
9. Improved touch tracking
10. Better display contrast
11. HDR display
12. Hardware HEVC encoding and decoding
13. True Tone display
14. Dual sim

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Its selling for 899 at Verizon, plus if your trade in you old iPhone, you can get money for it.
So it my case I could get an iPhone X for $789

or 32 dollars a month (24 month contract)
vs 42 dollars a month (24 month contract) for the XS.

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio

1. Faster CPU
2. Faster GPU
4. Faster Secure Enclave
6. Better cameras
8. Louder speakers
11. HDR display
13. True Tone display
14. Dual sim

Listen I am as big of an Apple enthusiast as most of you but logic has to set in. Go to Apple’s website. Compare the two devices. They are virtually the same. Many of you fanboys are acting as if I said the X was better than the XS. We can all agree to disagree. Or at least I hope we could...maybe. Not.

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
XS has stereo audio recording and comes in Gold. *lol

But does it come in Space Gold?
[doublepost=1537235012][/doublepost]

1. Faster CPU
2. Faster GPU
4. Faster Secure Enclave
6. Better cameras
8. Louder speakers
11. HDR display
13. True Tone display
14. Dual sim
15. Better battery life :)

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands

hi Tim, say hello to Phil

Reactions: jjohnstonjr

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017

13. True Tone display
This is on both the X and XS.

In fact, you just need an iPhone 7 for #12.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin

1. Faster CPU
2. Faster GPU
4. Faster Secure Enclave
6. Better cameras
8. Louder speakers
11. HDR display
13. True Tone display
14. Dual sim
Most of the stuff you mentioned you won’t even notice. Just like lte speeds. I get about 20-30 mbps average. Yes I know some states there is people getting 200 but the X can get up to 600 right now. Your not gonna find anything to go that fast right anyway. So it’s virtually worthless to upgrade for that imo. And the faster gpu your not gonna notice it much maybe none at all. Now your jumping from say a 6 to an xs then yeah you’ll notice it a lot. But not from an X to an Xs

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Big camera improvements for example. Brand new larger sensor, and much more powerful SoC, with new software features. That alone is worth US$100 IMO.
Big camera features? Not really. Most
The public wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in the two phones.
I’ll wait for judgment on the pictures when we get reviews. Also I’ll wait on the geekbench and real world feel of them processor as of now the geekbench numbers are negligible.
The xs isn’t much of an upgrade at all.
Only reason I’m upgrafing the x is for the x max. I don’t expect it to be any faster feeling or the camera to be much if at all better.
[doublepost=1537247238][/doublepost]
Most of the stuff you mentioned you won’t even notice. Just like lte speeds. I get about 20-30 mbps average. Yes I know some states there is people getting 200 but the X can get up to 600 right now. Your not gonna find anything to go that fast right anyway. So it’s virtually worthless to upgrade for that imo. And the faster gpu your not gonna notice it much maybe none at all. Now your jumping from say a 6 to an xs then yeah you’ll notice it a lot. But not from an X to an Xs
I concur

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Big camera features? Not really. Most
The public wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in the two phones.
I’ll wait for judgment on the pictures when we get reviews. Also I’ll wait on the geekbench and real world feel of them processor as of now the geekbench numbers are negligible.
The xs isn’t much of an upgrade at all.
Only reason I’m upgrafing the x is for the x max. I don’t expect it to be any faster feeling or the camera to be much if at all better.
The Verge thinks Pixel 2 > XS > S9 >> X for the camera.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/18/...-xs-max-review-camera-processor-battery-price

The camera upgrades on the XS over the X are significant — the XS makes the X camera look terrible most of the time. But we’ve been saying the best smartphone camera on the market is Google’s Pixel 2 for a year now, so that’s the standard to beat. And… I think the Pixel 2 still has a better camera than the iPhone XS. Don’t get me wrong — most people are going to like the photos they get out of the iPhone XS. It has a solid camera, and I prefer it to the Galaxy S9. But compared to the Pixel 2, the XS doesn’t really do it for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.