what's happening to my graphics card ??!!! :( :( :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hassoon, Sep 16, 2010.

1. hassoon macrumors regular

hi please can anyone explain that to me ?! it's like the second graphics glitch happening to me ! i posted last time a small pic with small graphics gone crazy but this one is huge !!! sorry the pic i posted mean to be all colored n stuff i dnt knw why it went black..!! anyway on the safari browser when i open a new tab the preview of the small windows all get weird colors like smth is goin bad!

Attached Files:

2. Goride macrumors newbie

It is artifact. I had the same issue happening to me. It had to do with a bug with the graphic card switching.

It hasn't happened to me since the latest update though.

Also, a program called gfxcardstatus allows you to control which graphics card is currently in use. I found that it has helped with this issue as well. As the automatic graphic switching doesn't really switch when it's optimal.

3. Alleyoop macrumors member

My MBP i5 15" was severely messing up the screen too, and when I tried to take a screen shot of it, the screenshot turned black. I shot it with grab and then turned it into a jpg with photoshop. I took it to Apple today and they thought the logic board was going. They ordered a new one and will get mine replaced next week.

Attached Files: