What's happening with my MacBook Pro order?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mazza558, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mazza558 macrumors newbie

Earlier today, on the Shipment Status page, the carrier info was updated to say "UK DISTRIBUTION CENTRE" and I got a Carrier Tracking Number, which was unusable since the UK dist. centre isn't a carrier itself - but I was happy that the order had reached the UK, and all I had to do is wait for a Carrier to be assigned to my order.

Then the Carrier changed to UPS and I got another Carrier Tracking Number, which I used on the UPS website and found that my order was apparently in my hometown waiting to be delivered tomorrow. All was well until I checked Shipment Status again a few minutes ago.

Now it's got ANOTHER carrier - Kuehne and Nagel, which were the company who originally shipped the MacBook internationally on the 8th July and should have nothing to do with the order now that it's reached the UK. Is this just an error? I've lost the UPS tracking number so cannot go back and check that's still okay, and on Kuehne and Nagel's website, I cannot find my package using the 3rd Carrier Tracking Number.

I'm guessing everything's still fine, as UPS did actually report that they had the billing information.

Thanks for any help.

2. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Until you pass the estimated shipment time, I don't think there is anything to worry about. When you get past that 5-7 days for shipping, I would start investigating a little more. I have found sitting and hitting refresh when tracking a package is like watching water boil. If you put it down and walk away, it will be done faster :p

3. mazza558 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the delivery estimate changed from 17th July to 15th earlier today too, making me pretty sure that everything's going well for a delivery tomorrow morning.

The fact that I've checked every couple of hours today is only because the order status seemed to be changing very quickly.

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Yeah, but remember that "estimate" of arrival is just that: an ESTIMATE. Meaning it could be a day or two later ;)

I can understand your concern with it changing hands so many times though. The more it changes, the higher the chance of it getting lost, etc.

5. mazza558 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's back to UPS now, all is well. Except the weight of the package is now 0.10 kg (before it was 4.30 kg)... hmm.

6. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I would make note of that just in case, I've heard of people getting empty boxes. Hell, print it out.... just in case. For proof. (not to be paranoid or anything).

7. mazza558 thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind, it's back to 4.3 kgs, hah.

8. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

This is why I hate tracking shipments. It's extremely hit and miss. Just look at the estimated arrival date, and leave it at that. It'll arrive just fine 99.999% of the time. Nothing to lose sleep over, certainly.

9. dead goon macrumors member

10. mazza558 thread starter macrumors newbie

No matter, it's out for delivery!

Shouldn't be long now, my city's not particularly big.