What's happening with my rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ducatiti, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ducatiti, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

It may just be a software issue but have you guys encountered this recently? Woke up my system from sleep but it kept on bringing up the open apps like the F3 button was stuck. And when I tried to click on the links on Macrumors, it automatically added it to the reading list (maybe mavericks thinks shift button is depressed?). In addition, when I woke up the system for sleep, even though I have the log in screen disable, it prompted for my password and the top right hand corner stated safe mode in red. When I restarted, everything went back to normal. I'm just worried it may happen again or may get worse.

Please help.

2. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

So I ended up returning the system and decided to sit this one out until all the issues have been fixed by Apple. I had backlight bleeding problems as well. This was my third late 2013 rMBP. I have waited for this release for an eternity only to get defective units.

3. ducatiti thread starter macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

Just another update. This is happening again with my new 13rmbp. Applications are opening when trying to click on links. Weird things are happening when trying to close apps. Really weird. Honestly, it feels like that there is a virus of some sort.

So I singled it out to my Win 8.1 image on Vmware. I don't like 8.1 anyways. Trying Win 7 now and will see if it happens again.

4. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

make you have update all software to the latest version.
    example : if you using mavericks with office 11 without path, screen will blank (black like nothing happen), but try to path 14.10 version of office 11 and all will be fine.