Whats in your notification center?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

mine is set to by time and is as follows

phone: alerts
    mail: banners
    facebook: sounds, banners
    calendar: alerts
    reminders: alerts
    craigsPro+: sounds, banners
    ebay: sounds banners
    groupon: sounds banners

all have badges turned off because i don't need to be notified in two locations. also if you go into some apps through the icon the notification doesn't automatically clear

2. fjrabon macrumors regular

I like badges for some things like the ATT app, because I might initially dismiss the notification, but the badge reminds me 'hey, you haven't actually paid your bill yet.'

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

well thats what the notification center is for. you just pull it down and it shows you outstanding alerts. thats why i turned off badges. cuz i have badges on icons on different screens or in folders or something. and i don't know what app in the folder its for. so i just pull down the notification center and it lists my stuff

i don't know that i like having the reminders in the notification center. its not as much a notification as a pending item. if i have an alert set to pop up i dont need to see it for 3 days before its due

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

All of my apps - words with friends. Widgets= off.

5. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

when you say widget do you mean the notification center? like you took all your apps out of the notification center?

you know that doesn't turn off push notification right? it just doesn't show up in the list.

dude thats one of the most hyped features of iOS 5

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Most of my apps are in the Notification Center and listed as banner. Had enough of alerts in iOS4.

7. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have calls, calendar, and reminders just because those are things that i want to interrupt me. if i have an appointment i forgot about and a banner comes across the screen and disappears i might not notice it. if it pops up and says i have somewhere i have to be and i have to click to close it out i'll definitely remember and not miss it

do you have badges turned on or off on your notifications?

8. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

As organized:
    - SBSettings Widget
    - App Switcher Widget
    - Weather Widget
    - All other app notifications (stock apps like mail messages & phone are first in priority)

Outside of Notification Center, all notifications are set as Banner (which I absolutely love!!)

I also set it up where when I double press the home button, it opens notification center, which means i have instant access to not only the app switcher thanks to its widget, but also sbsettings & everything else.

Its extremely convenient because now I can swipe down from the screen to bring it up as well. Its so much better & I recommend it to everyone!

I had the music player widget too, but it doesnt look proper atm.

Landscape:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/imageggs.jpg/

Portrait:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/imagevin.jpg/

EDIT:
    Can someone get the direct image tag & post it for me? I cant do it correctly on the phone.

9. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

since you have all your apps in the notification center do you also have badges turned off? or are they still on?

10. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I dont usually pay attention to badges but their still enabled.

11. infamous84 macrumors member

how do you get all those widgets to show up in the notification center like that?

thanks