Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
Hi all,
Newbie web designer here, still stuck in the days of Golive (shudders). I'm going to go all-out in my training soon, probably in 2009 when CS4 and my new Mac arrive. :D:D:D

So.... what are people looking forward to in DW "Stonehenge", and what did I miss out on in DW CS3? (Other than a few years of potential web-design income because I was scared off by Golive, and so let the wife do all the work.;) )

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Make it light, not-bloated and affordable. Kinda like Coda. When you get your new Mac you should give that program a try; it's coded by Mac geeks for Mac geeks, and only at version 1.5 it's the best one I've used so far for my style of coding. There are a handful of very solid DW alternatives out there. So... my hope for DW CS4 is to... well go away. Let the little guys prove their better.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
But I don't want to be limited by my code — I want to click and point.

I want DW4 to be more integrated into the whole Adobe suite, so that as I learn the whole CS4 it has a united feel. I want to be able to use the best tools in web design without even knowing the code.

And because we live in a world of 8 core machines, I don't really care about "bloat" either. What's the concern? Doesn't "bloat" become irrelevant when you have a machine so powerful that most print & web designers will never, ever push it to it's limits? (Only working in video really works out modern CPU's.)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Bloat could also refer to complexity. If there are tons of features you never need to use which take up disk space and memory, make the interface more cluttered and increase the time required to be really learn the software, that could be a disadvantage. Sometimes lean 'n mean is the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.